Advice on a pinpointer

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the rechargeable xpointer pro. I recently tried a few others and didnt feel comfortable with them in coin detecting - they were all sensitive its just that after months/years of use you become very familiar with one tool. With the xpointer pro I know when I get a good 21/22 target with the equinox I can usually differentiate trash from dollars v aluminum trash and most of the time bottle tops. I am so familiar with the pin pointers sensitivity that I can usually tell a coin by the smaller target sound area if that makes sense. Still lots to learn though. If Im cherry picking goldies it is very helpful. The pro find 35 was great, I just didnt have the same feel for it/hours with it..same with the garret. So a bit of advice is have faith in your gear and use it heaps:)

Going to buy a new pinpointer i run a minelab 25 (missus is on board so i need another) but there's alot on the market what the go, give your opion what to buy or has someone got 25 they don't want pm me

A few things to consider..

And no one suits all and all have pros and cons.

VLF or PI

Waterproof or Not and then Freshwater or Saltwater

9v or Rechargable

And then how many other functions that you May or May Not use.

And finally, can it be repaired post warranty - many are disposable and un repairable.

And I will not pay $200 plus for a disposable item, when a GoFind 20 for eg ( and many other Detectors) have lots more electronics and plastics..

$200 for $0.05 worth of electrical components $0.01 of plastics and non repairable... Just my Sunday old man rant..

I have the profind 35 and the garrett carrot and they are both just as good as the other. Winter is my gold detecting time in the bush with a 2300 and a 4500. Summer is beach detecting with an excalII and a 3030. I use both pinpointers equally and in salt water. I would rate them as being equal. IMO.

All my detecting is on the Far South Coast NSW and both work for me.

Jack

AussieChris said:
So I finally jumped with an eBay discount code and grabbed a Nox 800, I'm very much a noob when it comes to detecting these days I have owned very basic ones in the past and for a short time a GPX 4500, it was stolen before I could do much damage with it. I have a great deal to learn about using the Nox, I played around in the park down the street for about 40 mins before the cold got the better of me this evening. Dug up some trash and even a couple of spendables, but soon realised it was a bit futile for now without a pinpointer.

So I need some help deciding on a pinpointer, right now I can't decide between the Minelab Pro-Find 35 and the XP MI4 or MI6. I understand the 6 has the ability to link with the Deus, which I don't require but Clegy has them on sale, I don't know if there is any benefit with the 6 over the 4 when not using a Deus.

Basically, the Pro-Find 35 and the XP MI6 are the same price right now, I'm also open to suggestions on cheaper alternatives, I just thought might as well spend a few dollars on something reliable.
I've just got the pro find 35 I got it because its water proof I looked at others the shop tryed to flog me the 15 cause it was on special but happy with my 35 :Y:

Hi everyone. I was just woundering if anyone can give me feedback on the cheep ebay pinpointers. I have just been looking around and they can get quite expensive so was thinking of trying one on these $35 dollar ones . Or the $59 dollar one from jaycar . Any information would be much appreciated thanks .

save up buy a pro find 35 don't waste your time with the cheap ones they can be a pain to use false signals their not that good

Rustydog1 said:
Hi everyone. I was just woundering if anyone can give me feedback on the cheep ebay pinpointers. I have just been looking around and they can get quite expensive so was thinking of trying one on these $35 dollar ones . Or the $59 dollar one from jaycar . Any information would be much appreciated thanks .

Dont, you will always regret. Save up and buy a real pin pointer Loads of reviews and all failed miserably.
Save your money. Maybe put a wanted to buy on this forum you never know unless you ask.

Cheers
HH

Latest posts