You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

grumpygold
12 November 2018 10:06 pm

just recently purchased the local made qed thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup

gpx 4000 / qed / nokta fors gold / and everything else that hobby requires, and a hell of a lot of good luck.

10 users like this post: Tathradj, Northeast, Rush, petere, Dave79, Reg Wilson, Crow Pickens, Ship of fools, jahan, drbob

Reg Wilson
14 November 2018 01:38 pm

grumpygold, I have not joined the forum you mentioned for a number of reasons.
As mbasco has pointed out, some information is locked for members only, and I don't see much sense in that, although being able to get information and advice straight from the inventor and builder is a definite bonus.
A certain degenerate forum that seems to serve no other purpose than to attack, denigrate, and personally abuse anyone involved with the QED devoted many pages in a disgusting attempt to besmirch my reputation. It was alleged among other things that I was a financier of the QED and was a friend of the owner of the AEGPF forum, whom until this day I have never met. By not joining that forum I attempted to distance myself from these unfounded claims.
'Doug', the owner of AEGPF, although an obviously intelligent person, is totally devoted to the QED to a stage where his obsession sometimes over rides common sense and self control, resulting in getting himself into altercations with other forums and individuals. In one case it led to to jr beatty, myself and one other member being banned for life from the 4umer forum. Doug got into a hostile situation with management, getting himself banned, and although we had only the QED connection, we ended up as collateral damage'. Banned as 'troublemakers'.
The AEGPF can be a most informative forum, and it is my hope that it evolves to a stage where it becomes a little more inclusive and user friendly.
The QED has had a less than painless birth, due to a handful of dedicated knockers and saboteurs, but has survived to become an accepted addition to the range of metal detectors available in this country. Locally designed and built (the only detector built in Australia) the QED is competitive performance wise with machines many times its price, ergonomically miles ahead of most other detectors, and offers speedy personal technical backup.
For many reasons the QED is my favorite detector these days.

Last edited by Reg Wilson (14 November 2018 01:39 pm)

Walmer Central Victoria
Began detecting 1979 Best colour 3Kgs Best patch 340 ozs.

6 users like this post: Dave79, mond, jahan, grumpygold, Tathradj, Jarrod84

Dave79
14 November 2018 05:23 pm

Well said Reg, I also have not joined the above mentioned forum even though I have a QED. I'm a pretty chilled out person and hate confrontation and personal attacks. I love my QED and believe that it is a highly versatile machine that will detect 90 percent of the gold that machines double the price will and I'm a big fan of shopping local and keeping our money in Australia.

Prospecting must be like fishing, the big one keeps getting away!

3 users like this post: Rush, mond, grumpygold

grumpygold
15 November 2018 01:09 pm

i havnt posted over there yet, just a quiet observer at the moment, do not think i will now after your post reg big_smile thumbsup

gpx 4000 / qed / nokta fors gold / and everything else that hobby requires, and a hell of a lot of good luck.

grumpygold
15 November 2018 01:13 pm

Reg Wilson wrote:

grumpygold, I have not joined the forum you mentioned for a number of reasons.
As mbasco has pointed out, some information is locked for members only, and I don't see much sense in that, although being able to get information and advice straight from the inventor and builder is a definite bonus.
A certain degenerate forum that seems to serve no other purpose than to attack, denigrate, and personally abuse anyone involved with the QED devoted many pages in a disgusting attempt to besmirch my reputation. It was alleged among other things that I was a financier of the QED and was a friend of the owner of the AEGPF forum, whom until this day I have never met. By not joining that forum I attempted to distance myself from these unfounded claims.
'Doug', the owner of AEGPF, although an obviously intelligent person, is totally devoted to the QED to a stage where his obsession sometimes over rides common sense and self control, resulting in getting himself into altercations with other forums and individuals. In one case it led to to jr beatty, myself and one other member being banned for life from the 4umer forum. Doug got into a hostile situation with management, getting himself banned, and although we had only the QED connection, we ended up as collateral damage'. Banned as 'troublemakers'.
The AEGPF can be a most informative forum, and it is my hope that it evolves to a stage where it becomes a little more inclusive and user friendly.
The QED has had a less than painless birth, due to a handful of dedicated knockers and saboteurs, but has survived to become an accepted addition to the range of metal detectors available in this country. Locally designed and built (the only detector built in Australia) the QED is competitive performance wise with machines many times its price, ergonomically miles ahead of most other detectors, and offers speedy personal technical backup.
For many reasons the QED is my favorite detector these days.

ive read the disgusting stuff on the mentioned forum, that phsyco is not for me, think he has skitzo syndrome perfect

Tathradj
15 November 2018 06:45 pm

We normally do not engage with "Forum Wars " but myself and another person went on a full scale
attack to defend Reg against the absolute vile and disgusting diatribe that I have ever seen.
I have met both Reg and BugWhiskers in person and they are truly delightful people.
I now have a QED myself and owing to also " The Detectorist " actually demonstrating the machine showing it's
potential, I am happy to say that please, DO NOT read any thing negative that you find against this machine.
I really hate crap being thrown around when a lot of it is nothing more than Bull poop .
There is a bit of a steep learning curve but when the penny drops on how to run a QED, You will be rewarded
I assure you.
Now, Please, don't involve other forums in here. We keep a very tight reign on such things and I would really like
any one to discuss their findings here in our haloed walls. gemstone

A couple of HiBankers inc. accessories, , QED, 4500, SDC2300, Gt1600,
Aldi, A Prado 4x4, A'Van Cruiseliner and a heck of a lot of determination.
Most importantly, A lot of Good Honest Friends. Maybe one day Lucky.

6 users like this post: jahan, mond, Reg Wilson, Ship of fools, grubstake, Syndyne

grumpygold
16 November 2018 10:56 am

Tathradj wrote:

We normally do not engage with "Forum Wars " but myself and another person went on a full scale
attack to defend Reg against the absolute vile and disgusting diatribe that I have ever seen.
I have met both Reg and BugWhiskers in person and they are truly delightful people.
I now have a QED myself and owing to also " The Detectorist " actually demonstrating the machine showing it's
potential, I am happy to say that please, DO NOT read any thing negative that you find against this machine.
I really hate crap being thrown around when a lot of it is nothing more than Bull poop .
There is a bit of a steep learning curve but when the penny drops on how to run a QED, You will be rewarded
I assure you.
Now, Please, don't involve other forums in here. We keep a very tight reign on such things and I would really like
any one to discuss their findings here in our haloed walls. gemstone

hey thanks for all that info, totaly agree 100 percent. is that the show detectorists that you are refering too, or am i misunderstanding as usual lol thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup

Tathradj
16 November 2018 06:08 pm

LOL,
Misunderstanding you are. gemstone
Other internet forum sites,
We do not drag crap into here from there.
The Detectorist is code speak for a fellow that I know personally.
I am protecting his name.

grumpygold
16 November 2018 11:56 pm

Tathradj wrote:

LOL,
Misunderstanding you are. gemstone
Other internet forum sites,
We do not drag crap into here from there.
The Detectorist is code speak for a fellow that I know personally.
I am protecting his name.

oky doky got ya perfect

1 user likes this post: Tathradj

grumpygold
17 November 2018 12:00 am

found mine a breeze to use so far but no gold to show yet, plenty of the other detecting metal bits and bobs though, so it seems working correctly big_smile

Last edited by grumpygold (17 November 2018 12:01 am)

savage bitter
17 November 2018 04:45 pm

I have a question about the qed are they a tinker about with type detector over a get it out and start using more like your known brands I have heard the qed you are always playing around with them

Tathradj
17 November 2018 06:26 pm

They are like any other detector.
Learn to use it properly. thumbsup thumbsup
And for me, I had it humming within an hour.
But, Whack a variable in and learn again.
It is not too hard.
The machine will tell you when it is not happy.
Simple fix.
Practice makes perfect.
And you will be rewarded. thumbsup

3 users like this post: Crow Pickens, mbasko, drbob

savage bitter
17 November 2018 06:31 pm

thanks tathradj I have asked the question I am thinking of buying a nother detector qed or 4500 have read a few things about the qed some real good and some not so but some of the tests on line look pretty good for the qed and half the price

petere
17 November 2018 08:54 pm

About 4 yrs ago I bought myself a 5k. I am probably not the sharpest tool in the shed but it took me a long time to come
to grips with all the settings, if I ever did. After 18 months of ownership and a 0.13gm bit of gold to my credit I
figured it wasn't real good earnings per dollar value of machine, but to be fair in that time I probably only spent a
total of 40 or so hours of use, so the 5k was passed on to someone who could make better use of it. I had been following
the lead up to the QED and when they became available I purchased one of the early ones from Dean in Dunolly. To this day
I have not regretted my decision. From day one I was getting targets but I am still learning new things about it. Can be
frustrating at times but with perseverance you will be rewarded. Howard the designer/builder is an absolute top bloke and
will go out of his way to help you. No it hasn't got auto ground balance but it makes up for that in other ways like a
readout of the ground mineralisation extent. I think the QED is a real value for money detector and I don't feel as though
I am missing out on anything by not owning one of the more expensive machines.
Cheers

5 users like this post: Northeast, Tathradj, Rush, jahan, Cando

goldrat
18 November 2018 09:59 am

petere wrote:

About 4 yrs ago I bought myself a 5k. I am probably not the sharpest tool in the shed but it took me a long time to come
to grips with all the settings, if I ever did. After 18 months of ownership and a 0.13gm bit of gold to my credit I
figured it wasn't real good earnings per dollar value of machine, but to be fair in that time I probably only spent a
total of 40 or so hours of use, so the 5k was passed on to someone who could make better use of it. I had been following
the lead up to the QED and when they became available I purchased one of the early ones from Dean in Dunolly. To this day
I have not regretted my decision. From day one I was getting targets but I am still learning new things about it. Can be
frustrating at times but with perseverance you will be rewarded. Howard the designer/builder is an absolute top bloke and
will go out of his way to help you. No it hasn't got auto ground balance but it makes up for that in other ways like a
readout of the ground mineralisation extent. I think the QED is a real value for money detector and I don't feel as though
I am missing out on anything by not owning one of the more expensive machines.
Cheers

Hi Petere ,
Nice to hear such a positive report . Ergonomically very comfortable to operate for long periods .
Where do you detect and what are your finds . Happy hunting .

Cheers
goldrat

To sleep under stars by the millions from whence came the gold long ago ,
to give thanks I'm here and living and to sleep by the camp fire glow .

petere
18 November 2018 12:00 pm

Hi goldrat
Yes I forgot the ergonomic bit, nice to not be tethered to your detector all the time. I have spent a bit of time around laanecoorie and wanyarra areas also had a look north of dunolly recently. Don't get to get out that often hence the reason for not wanting a lot of money tied up in equipment. Will be at beaufort around the end of this year camping for a while. Seem to find plenty of bullets lead shot rusty nails boot tacks etc. you name it everything but gold. Anyway I still enjoy getting out in the forests.
Cheers

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site