DPF's

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
golddigger dave said:
I read somewhere that the EGR can be tricked by replacing the sensor with a a resistor and blanking off the plumbing from the exhaust.

on Mitsubishi diesels there is a blue with yellow trace wire at the airbox that just needs a 3K ohm resistor soldered in.
No other work needs to be done.
Egr will never open and system checks by dealers are normal so doesn't affect warranty.

Shep said:
I believe that it is only Pajero autos built around 2008 that have a dpf so a lot of workshops just use normal mineral diesel oil
unaware that they are causing issues. I had a 2013 that didn't have a DPF, turned the egr off and slapped a 3" turbo back exhaust
on it and it transformed the way it ran and got a 2L per 100km fuel saving.

Back to the OP if it is $3000 per car to delete the dpf and you have a couple then instead of sending the car to the workshop get
the workshop to travel to you. The delete pipe isn't hard to fit and then the tech just needs a laptop to reprogram the car.

Yes. That would probably work. A few have tried fitting a delete pipe and an emulator. I find it annoying the government labels you as a criminal though when all you want to do is be able to drive a vehicle. After all most people spend the extra money on a newer vehicle just to have that reliability. Like your parents possibly did. Only to find out the technology becomes it's own failing. Possibly putting them at risk. One of these days someone will get caught out by a vehicle going into limp mode in the wrong place at the wrong time. Without buying another vehicle the only way around it is to break the law. Insane. :mad:

on Mitsubishi diesels there is a blue with yellow trace wire at the airbox that just needs a 3K ohm resistor soldered in.
No other work needs to be done.
Egr will never open and system checks by dealers are normal so doesn't affect warranty.

Never heard that one. Looks like it would reduce (or is it increase, dunno, have to think about it) measurement of airflow. :Y:
May work on other types of 'hot wire' type diesel air flow meters also, depending.

I read somewhere that the EGR can be tricked by replacing the sensor with a a resistor and blanking off the plumbing from the exhaust.

Varies from model to model. Some, like the D40 Navara, can just be blanked off with no other issues. Others need an emulator fitted or software 'adjustment' or, as Shep pointed out, a resistor may be the fix.
All depends on much time and energy the engineer wants to spend on thwarting your attempts of bypassing the emission control on the car.

I just think it's nuts that a vehicle can reduce power when it deems it necessary with total disregard to your location.

There are various ways to block , play with EGR

But if you blank / block it off and are unlucky to be pulled over for a vehicle check , and it is found , its a 10K fine !

On the mid 90's Pajero's you can pull of the little rubber hose off the EGR and shove about a 3mm ball baring about 1/2" down the hose add then plug it back on to the EGR, It cuts the emissions and make it a bit better on fuel and give it a little more Ooomph, Not much but a bit. And when you want to put it back to normal just take the hose off at both ends and shove a bit of wire down it to push it back out, :Y: :lol: :lol:

Just make sure the ball baring is a fraction bigger than the inside diameter of the little metal nozzle that the hose pushes on to.