Minelab SDC2300 or GPX4000 / GPX4500 / GPX5000

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reg Wilson said:
Darren Cole Gold, what exactly do you mean? If you are referring to the Russian gold it is obviously a set up job. If you are referring to something else then please elaborate. I see you only joined this forum in April this year, and you are already an expert.

Seems strange Reg that on the 18th Oct 2018 you liked Darren Cole Gold's post but now you have unliked his post and now questioning his experience. "Please explain?"

Cheers

Doug

Rockhunter62, I don't recall liking that post in the first place and am at a loss to explain how it happened. A bit rich Darren criticizing me when as a young Kiwi his You Tube posting reveals a person very big on self promotion, but limited in experience. His videos seem to be nothing more than an advertisement for the sdc 2300.

RM Outback said:
Shep said:
I picked up 186 grams with my sdc last week, biggest piece was 12g. I reckon you would be working pretty hard to pan that

You need to join up with Aussie Gold Hunters and let'em turn that into a bigger number. It can be done with the help of a few geo's at the side of the road and a chopper handy at the ready for an extra earn :playful:.

186gm in a week :Y: got any pictures especially the 12gm that's very impressive :Y: well done.

It is all NT reef gold so not great to look at.
1542407000_img_0355.jpg

1542407000_img_0356.jpg

1542407001_img_0357.jpg

That 186 gms. includes dust that even an sdc would not pick up, then you include a photo of a riffle box. Do you still maintain that gold was found with a detector and not recovered with a wash plant?

You didn't read what I wrote did you? Easier to go full agro for some of the nongers on this forum, that's why I don't bother with pics anymore

Shep said:
I picked up 186 grams with my sdc last week, biggest piece was 12g. I reckon you would be working pretty hard to pan that
This is what you wrote, and what I read. Am I missing something? Is it coincidence that the gold on the scales and the gold referred to above are the same weight?

Reg Wilson said:
Shep said:
This is what you wrote, and what I read. Am I missing something? Is it coincidence that the gold on the scales and the gold referred to above are the same weight?

It was even reposted just above your post so you could have read it twice

I agree with you shep post something and the fools start a coming some people take things to serious here that member is acting like a troll why are the mods not pulling him up?

savage bitter, nobody here is trolling. I just don't understand how 186 grams of gold can be claimed to have been found with an sdc then a photo of said gold shows what appears to be the result of sluicing. I don't call people fools or nongers, I would just like a little clarification that makes sense. Perhaps you would like to take it upon yourself to explain what appears to be a conundrum.

why take it so personal let it go if he is telling the truth or bulls@#t who cares the question was a sdc or a4500 not a witch hunt

I'm not taking anything personal savage bitter, I was simply confused. I am not trying to make trouble, but to try to understand the situation. A claim was made, and the photographic proof was to say the least confusing. Nice photos none the less, and taking your advice, I shall just put it down to confusion due to my advancing years.

In the NT most gold is attached to a rock. I crush the rocks that I find with my sdc and then when crushed run it through my clean up sluice.
Therefore even though some of the gold is very fine it was still found with an sdc and the second last step in the process involves a little 6" sluice.

Last comment I will make on this post

Hi all, i am new to prospecting and looking for my first detector - im looking at either the Sdc2300 or GPX4500 or GPX5000.

I have read through the various posts but still have a couple questions if anyone could shed some light...

I will primarily be looking for gold around the GT in victoria, but i would also like the option of looking along the beach for coins etc. Would any of the above be better than the others for this type of usage?

Also i have read the SDC is very user friendly but limited compared to the versatility of the GPXs... is the learning curve of the GPX really that steap? Would it take long to at least learn the basics?

With the right coils could the GPX perform just as well as the SDC at finding smaller shallower gold?

Finaly, In regards to the 4500 and 5000 is there significant difference between the two? Is it worth paying the extra for the 5000?

Thanks so much.
Nick.

Hi Nicknick The answer to all your questions is yes but without a doubt the sdc is the easiest machine to start with for gold . There are better detector for the beach but the sdc does have a salt mode and is waterproof . Personally would take my gpx or sdc to the beach but they are both great gold machines and its great having both . They do different jobs and its horses for courses. Id start with sdc save up for a gpx then get a nox for the beach just my opinion. Cheers Booney

GPX 4500 is a bargain while it lasts, gonna be discontinued soon, add a couple flat wire wrapped coils like Evolution 12x8 or 14x9 and elite 14" round solid, or 13x17 evo and your good to go for yrs.

Latest posts