Any Shooters here can help?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Don't know how far I can push my luck with this and will keep it brief as possible, as a read of the T&C made no mention of firearms, nor could I find any topic specific section to suit other than camping etc, so if this is against forum rules, my apologies, and Mods feel free to remove, or move to the appropriate area.

I know I can't be the only detectorist who's also interested in shooting. :8

Having said that, I am after a CZ Varmint .223 w/1:9 in excellent condition (under 1000 rnds fired) if anyone may have one laying about unused. Buy or trade welcomed. Details of transfer/Dealers etc worked out in private.

Don't care if it's Kevlar/Wood/Laminate/Thumb-hole, and extra mag's + ammo if available.

Also on the hunt for a budget Lee single stage reloading outfit with all the usual accessories.

PM is preferred if you have something just to be safe and to keep public details to a minimum.

Licenced buyer awaiting PTA.. O:)

Cheers & thanks,
Gypsy

Sorry Gypsy. Just see the funny side of it. It's like golf. You hit it and go and find it. Now you can shoot it and then go a find the bullet. Sorry. Mate. Just a bit of fun. But on bright side. If you looking to reload, have about 1 kilo of lead shot

Ward69 said:
Sorry Gypsy. Just see the funny side of it. It's like golf. You hit it and go and find it. Now you can shoot it and then go a find the bullet. Sorry. Mate. Just a bit of fun. But on bright side. If you looking to reload, have about 1 kilo of lead shot

Naaaah, nuthin to be sorry about, in fact, I started a book on how long before this came up...as usual I lost again.. :lol:

If your lead shot's not as clean as the 20lt drum I have, ya can keep it, the postage is worth more than I care to add to my own, and classifying calibre is a right royal pain...rofl.

Savage Bitter...maaate, all five classified sites, and two shooting forums later,... here we are. ;)

Nice gun mate ..you'll be lucky to get one second hand... ..you can get them new here in qld for around $1300. :Y:

Thanks Smoky, Panner & Chris,...yeah I know, I can get a new to me for ~ $1250del, but it helps to save pennies where I can and 1000rnds still leaves plenty of life...ever hopeful. :cool:

Just started to look again, but might have to bite the bullet (pun intended) and go for the flash newy..

Haaa, just had another look at your avatar Smoky...what rifle is that? :p

My others have been new, so it's looking more like it daily... seen a few of .22's, the American, or even Lux versions, but no Varmint's...even older ones. Were I in the US, I'd have a month of Sundays choice... 8.(

AussieChris said:
I have a couple of .223's a Weatherby Model 700 VTR SS
I have a couple of .223's a Remington Model 700 VTR SS...

Fixed that for ya, unless Roy bought out Remington/Freedom Group...rofl.
:p

GypsyGoldAu said:
AussieChris said:
I have a couple of .223's a Weatherby Model 700 VTR SS
I have a couple of .223's a Remington Model 700 VTR SS...

Fixed that for ya, unless Roy bought out Remington/Freedom Group...rofl.
:p

Haha so true, I was thinking of my Weatherby Alaskan .270 as I typed that out.

Last count 13 rifles and 5 shotguns, so easy to mix them up.

Although my eyes are getting that way I might need to get lasix to be able to shoot much longer. :skull:

Edit.

I did have a Weatherby Vanguard in .223 but sold it to a mate. Basically a Howa 1500.

All good Chris...I don't have that many, but see howa ya mighta got confused... :p :lol: ;) :cool:

Yeah I knew about the H/W partnership...LGS is dead set on selling me one instead of the CZ,...but I'm not listening...guess it's a matter of selling what's on hand rather then order one in...

The Howa is 2" shorter than the Vanguard and the Vanguard has a fluted barrel, it's the better of the two but I got the Howa for nix off a mate who was going to hand it in and it does shoot 55gr well.

I'd rather shoot the 22-250 though as it's faster and flatter.

I took my .270 out not long ago and neutralized some Al-Qaeda watermelons, but I was telling 7.62 Marksman afterwards that I think I have forgotten how to shoot hehe.

I think I seriously need Lasix.

Lol,...just had a mate who had it done, he is wrapped...picking at the 'ol girls cleaning abilities now..rofl.

The Weatherby's also had a more refined finish to the Howa, or so I've read...

My sight is still ok'ish but it has been receding in recent years, I'm farsighted which makes for fun at the ocular end...

Thanks Muk, I know a few myself who do too, but really not what the threads about eh? :p ;)

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts