Queensland Durakai GPA

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
might swap back to the standard coil on the zed...I've also just picked up a nox 800 so will try that in gold mode next time i head out also as has the smaller coil and i've seen some pretty impressive signals on youtube..and did test at home to check what tones to listen for.

Dan78 said:
might swap back to the standard coil on the zed...I've also just picked up a nox 800 so will try that in gold mode next time i head out also as has the smaller coil and i've seen some pretty impressive signals on youtube..and did test at home to check what tones to listen for.
Hi Dan
I look forward to hearing you thoughts on the 800 out there. :Y:

I had a play with the 800 whilst I was out there last time, at Carbean Rd. Mainly because it was raining a little.
Then I smacked myself in the head and went to the car and swapped over for ZED, felt much better.

Personal opinion, but I just couldn't do it. I tried though...lol

I love my 800 for treasure hunting, and if I didn't have ZED, I would be using it for gold. However the depth I get from ZED, coverage, and time saved on not falsing is the reason it remains my only gold machine. If I want the small stuff, I will go and pan for that easily, when I go detecting, its in the hope to find THE BIG ONE.

Its a shame though, last time I went out there I couldn't see much activity at Carbean Rd. So on way home, stopped in at the notorious Scientific Area to see if people are going there. Was amazed, it is more raked than Carbean Rd itself. Every inch, raked. Camp fires, rubbish. Etc etc. The audacity of some people.
Anyways

There are plenty of places to go in the GPA areas that still has gold hiding. The only catch is you have to walk, they aren't near road tracks, not close.
And the nuggets are far few and in between. Which means you will go home with no nuggets most of the time. That is the beauty of panning. You can make sure you go home with something for each trip. Might not be much, but it adds up quick.

Good luck out there. Beautiful country.

I will be back out there after school holidays for a couple of days.

PS. Stay away from THE BIG ONE. (It is mine) :D

Which Durikai GPA area would members suggest?

* Northern section near Cunningham Highway west of Thane,
* Western section west of Carbean Road, or
* South East Section north of Pikedale Road?

Would appreciate your assistance as there is a lot of land out there and so little time.

All three are good, big area. Stay at the tavern. Good rooms great meals. Cheap. $100 night. The oval gone up to $25 a night. Lot of small gold coming out of carbean rd, near rabbit fence. If you need maps. The tavern has them now. I will be there on 28th of sept

Anyone going out this long weekend to Durikai. Pull into the pub at Karara, great meals. Good rooms. Cold beer. I'm there each night after 5pm. Say. Gday

Heading up Sunday ( maybe even late Sat & camp at pub Sat night if the weather is half ok ). Just a beginner, so if you spot a grey falcon, say gday & point me in the right direction. Wandered around out there a couple of weeks ago, but will take pans also this time.

Gday OzSteve, sorry this weekend is the BOSSes weekend -- will be there the following weekend -See Peter at the Pub, say your a newbie -- he has maps behind the bar on where to go

good luck

Mark

Thanks Mark.
Pretty keen. If nothing else, its a nice drive up there, bit of a wander & a cold beer on the way home!
Catch up one day,
Steve

What_Trigger said:
Thanks Wolf.

I kinda assumed it wasnt right. the sign just said mining lease.

Cause hell, I still have trouble trying to find current mining lease maps etc

EPM maps, expiry , owner etc are all available on the business.qld.gov.com.au website
and the ML is owner by 3 guys from Tawoomba off Mountain Maid Rd

Heading out to Durikai and Talgai Thurs for a swing! taking the nox 800 and the zed...fingers crossed for some yellow stuff!! Happy Hunting everyone!!

rock outcrop . more info via pm would be nice for when i get out there . weather is getting more pleasant for detecting but i should think there will be lots of bodies in there over easter and there is a very large facebook group going in there on anzac weekend .
johno

Should be durakai this Saturday morning for the weekend. White triton duel cab with torneau. Will be at karara free camp Saturday night. Always keen for a catchup if anyone else is there :goldnugget: :pickshovel:

Hi Trisba56 i will be having a first look around duraki next month,i thought the only camping was at glendon or warrick ,if it is not asking to much could you put a few directions on where to find karara free camp grounds,if it is secrete squirrel that's fine no hard felling's :pickshovel: :goldpan: :) :beer:

Hi Sand Surfer, pull into the Tavern at Karara, ask for Pete. The owner he will show u and has mud maps of the area. Good luck

The gold is still shedding from the rock , up on the east side there is an old yellow peg on top of hill inside of the GPA