Victoria information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Northeast said:
No problem.

I actually have Mon, Tues, Weds off next week and might be able to sneak in a few hours with the Equinox if you are going through on one of those days.

Or a bee sting and a coffee at the Beechworth Bakery :D

When I travel that is a habit tha t have is to tty the local bakeries
Roy

So, I've tried to do a bit of research and have got some answers.

Have emailed and online messaged Chris at Vogus Prospecting but haven't been able to get a response from him. Probably busy digging rings and coins ;)

Left a message for a bloke called Darren but he hasn't returned my call - he was looking at setting up a Beechworth Prospecting group so I thought he may have some answers.

Called Indigo Shire and spoke to Robert who advised that there are no laws referencing anything about detecting other than needing a Miners Right for prospecting. He advised that on that basis one is allowed to treasure/coin hunt in the Indigo Shire public areas (and I specifically mentioned playgrounds, parks, etc) as long as one was mindful of watering systems in place and were diligent in replacing turf and leaving 'no trace' as best as possible.

I hope that helps you Roy. I am guessing your time line is still the same but I may now be a little held up with a medical appt for the good lady. A bee sting and a coffee might still be possible though ;)

Overnight stop a quick swing in a small country town park only had a half hour and there where lots of signals did not have time to dig them all. Found some normal junk some inside parts off a clock - bullet case a $2 coin and my first ever 1947 Florin would have been a good place to spend some more time
1542016609_20181112_203039-600x1067.jpg

Next swing well today I meet up with Northeast and would like to say thank you for your help ever though you had a short swind time and I found my first coins with a nox ? the park did jive up a few coins and trash.
Todays hit so far is 2x five cent coins 1x one cent 1x two cents
1x two dollars and last coin is a 1996 American dime ?

1542078254_20181113_133647-600x1067.jpg

There is always a bit of trepidation when meeting a fellow forum member wondering if they are going to be a decent sort of person and if you are going to get along.

I can say without hesitation that it was a pleasure to meet you and your wife today Roy, enjoyed hearing about your other hobbies and learn't quite a few things which is always a good thing.

Looking forward to when you come down again :Y:

Northeast said:
There is always a bit of trepidation when meeting a fellow forum member wondering if they are going to be a decent sort of person and if you are going to get along.

I can say without hesitation that it was a pleasure to meet you and your wife today Roy, enjoyed hearing about your other hobbies and learn't quite a few things which is always a good thing.

Looking forward to when you come down again :Y:

Thank you Northeast my wife had similar concerns but all I can say is that it was also a pleasure to meet you and we are looking foward to a return extended visit with my gpx and a nox :) and we both hope all is well at home
Thanks again
Mr and Mrs cobb

Well done finding the Florin, Roy Cobb!! ? I moved close to Beechworth in the last year but haven't really been able to self motivate myself to get out there and have a hunt.. but this photo is helping ?

It seems Warrandyte State park is the closest prospecting to Melbourne. Anyone had any luck there l? Or all mined out due to the ease of access? Cheers

ill be starting some more looking into some of the accesible creeks and streams around the Berwick area shortly.

The way things are going, i am hoping that veac and the bugu.org.au are working out, since it stops all my fantastic pass times. Camping, 4wding and prospecting. All because the premier and his greens member wants to stop us by turning golden triangle areas into national park no go zones.

I hope we can all get onto the pollies, just like i am painstakingly doing.
Best of luck to all.

Not much close by in terms of legal open areas. The old area of Warrandyte is a no go zone (based on comments here). I have checked it out just walking through, but prospecting is only allowed in the andersons creek bed area and it's been done to death, nothing there, tried panning everywhere in it.

Best of luck, but i hope we don't loose the access we already have.

Gidday guys and gals. have been trying to find Imformation about Toombon gold mines historic areas as to whether it is on exempt list Have been to parks vic site, on you tube and a couple of other sites but cant find any imfo. only tutorials on history and vids of area. does anyone have imfo on area, or know if we can pan there. sorry if sounds silly but have tried to research but to no avail. place is near Aberfeldy in gippsland any thought would be appreciated.

Hey guys i think looking on a site on rivers and stream you cant prospect i am safe in toombon creek not in aberfeldy river true or false please.

Hi All,

I was watching some of the old Aussie Gold Hunters shows on you tube.
Does anyone know where in Victoria they were digging?
Are they still digging there?

Thanks

Latest posts