My finds 2018 by ctxkid

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like yours better :Y:
1538028812_img_20180927_3822.jpg
1538028825_img_20180927_24516.jpg

Dave79 said:
Niiiice. Research paid off! Fell out of his pocket as he rode off at a gallop with musket balls flying past him!

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

i can picture it as i write , he and the boys manly had carbine rifles :cool: i will be a golly fellow if i can find a projectile of such description :party: :party: :party:

Smoky bandit said:
I like yours better :Y:

thanx mate :Y: me too :) one of the only coins i've found that all denominations looked the same in the year, just different size , mine sure did make the sniff a good one :cool:

Congrats on the farthing, not an easy coin to find, especially on older dates. Only got my first late last year, same design but from 1840.

The early Vic hp's and pennies are also a favourite of mine to find - big chunky coins compared to the earlier ones. :Y:

A morning of sunshine , snags and some silver thrown in :cool:

an a couple of roo's as well :)

minister for war and finances cooked the snags while i sniffed , so i made her a brew :inlove:

after lunch we went for an explore of long forgotten prospecting history :perfect:

was an awesome couple of hours in the sticks :sunny:

1539667746_wp_20181016_001.jpg

1539667746_wp_20181016_002.jpg

1539667746_wp_20181016_003.jpg

1539667746_wp_20181016_005.jpg

1539667746_wp_20181016_007.jpg

Nice hunt,snags and a swing in the bush sounds very enjoyable.That 1922 sixpence looks to be an error coin.Looks like a cracked die on the "pen" part of the word sixpence.

Eldorado said:
Nice hunt,snags and a swing in the bush sounds very enjoyable.That 1922 sixpence looks to be an error coin.Looks like a cracked die on the "pen" part of the word sixpence.

i am checking , an yeah it is not normal , the p the e an n are joined with some each side, so yeah the photo is true

ctxkid said:
Eldorado said:

i am checking , an yeah it is not normal , the p the e an n are joined with some each side, so yeah the photo is true

reauearch so far . cannot find a crack pen, found a cr date at 120, mines not for sale

ctxkid said:
ctxkid said:
Eldorado said:

reauearch so far . cannot find a crack pen, found a cr date at 120, mines not for sale
Yeah,I seen the cracked date one.Nice find,you might have a unique coin there.

that is cool :cool:

the spot has been calling me for some time, now i know why :)

and thankyou for pointing the fault out :Y: as it is something i never would have known :(

ctxkid said:

What kind of inverter do you use? Its nice to have fresh coffee at field! Dual battery system as well???

The voices in my head were telling me this morning that it was time to find my mojo .......... :eek:
so dropped the minister to work and thought lets go :sunny: come home swapped cars and away i went :power: :clap:

pulled up at gz and got the gear on an things pairing, in with the ice water into my holder i was ready to sniff :pickshovel:

not six foot from the car bang , a scratchy tone very jumpy 12.40. pointed at 14.42, turned into a near unreadable/very red 1/2 roo from 1943 :money: :party:
the next target was shite , then bam boom a signal , nice sounding 12.35....6, an it was deep an sounded silver, let us pray O:) so plug out at the length of my tyger , and the pointer locked onto the target, decreasing the sensitivity on the 35 as i got closer :power: as to not hit the target :pickshovel:
another couple of inches had the plug cleared :party: :party:
run the pointer over the last dirt out and out popped this :cool:

1542076970_wp_20181113_003.jpg

yep not only did i just find a awesome ol'silver , but my mojo slam dunked itself back as well :power: :clap: :perfect:

i got other coins

1542076996_wp_20181113_004.jpg

it is mad to pull a $2 from the same patch as an 1874 sixer , but hey i like it :cool: :cool:

caparobertsan said:
[What kind of inverter do you use? Its nice to have fresh coffee at field! Dual battery system as well???
late answer :8

it is a powertech 1500-3000 pure sine wave, it runs off a single 120ah agm, when that dies we'll go lithium :cool:

charged by a projecta idc25 dc to dc charger :power:

for two people running everything it has heaps of spare power :Y:

when the fridge is in use at camp/whilst car is stopped, i have a solar mat running through the inverter as it gives on screen read out of amps in out and, it all worx pretty well so far , an yeah the coffee is good :coffee: :power:

Latest posts