IKEA - Rep

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stahlgrip

Stefan
Reaction score
Well, as you might understand i'm Swedish. =D
Which means im just as bad as everybody else at assembling IKEA furniture.
Trust me. Its not in our genes.

I left Sweden 2 years ago, went to a minesite outside of Southern Cross to restart an old mine.
Met a girl and stuck around.

I've worked in construction and mining all my life, travelling Europe doing so.
Thought the mythical land down under could be an nice change in my life.

Hadn't the slightest idea of what I was in for regarding heat, flies, snakes and tobacco prices.
But, i prevailed.

Now, by chance i have ended up in Wiluna for a few weeks, and thought i'd have a crack at metal detecting.

I do know that i probably wont find anything, but that doesn't mean i wont try :D

:power: :pickshovel: :goldnugget: :beer:

Welcome to PA Stahlgrip,

I'm sure those things were all a rude awakening for a Swede to encounter here, but good to hear you've prevailed.
Tobacco prices go up twice a year, generally, just so you know... My American cousins nearly passed out when they saw how much it was here!

Sorry, I don't know the area to help you there, I'm from the other coast...

As for the snakes, this was posted on PA recently and it's highly recommended reading.
Just beware of the '12 hour' fact, that I'm not sure is actually fact with some of those nasty bastards.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/doc/member-docs/13534/1541678915_snake_bite_treatment.pdf

Good luck out there - make sure you take plenty of water - and the sunscreen! :sunny: :cool:

Cheers,
Megsy

Wiluna is a good spot to start your detecting joirney, as good a place as any in the gold fields..
We might be heading up that way next Tuesday for a few days camping and detecting..
Welcome to Oz and the PA forum stahlgrip :Y:

MegsyB007 said:
Welcome to PA Stahlgrip,

I'm sure those things were all a rude awakening for a Swede to encounter here, but good to hear you've prevailed.
Megsy

Thank you Megsy for the info about the snakes. Will be read until it stick.
I'm not scared snakes. I'm just not very fond of getting bitten. And the levels of sneaky of these things are just preposterous.

Back home we worry about bears and wolfs at the most.
Never venomous snakes. Or venomous anything. Poisonous shrooms that makes you see funny things but thats it.

Anyhow, thank you :D

Natoli :power: :goldnugget: :D

Droobear - yeah lol. All of us swedes'left pinkies are actually an allen key. True story :D

Ikea is good for one thing tho. The swedish relationship test. Bring your gf to a big ikea, do the full tour, if you still love her when you get out, shes the one :lol:

Nucopia - if i were to stumble across anything ill be sure to share :D

Jaros - cheers mate :power: :clap:

plenty out that way. Last month I found just over 4 grams in about four hours. just need to know where to look.

Here is some Wiluna Gold for you

1542079597_20181001_153537_resized_2.jpg

Welcome to the forum also

Latest posts