Camp Chair information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking of camp chairs I was camped at Newnes in the last school holidays and a lady in the camp site across from us must of had issues with her chairs. All of a sudden we heard screaming and yelling and one after the other lost it with two camp chairs, dont know what type but they both ended up on the fire. So they must have been a bit uncomfortable. Definitely choose wisely when buying a chair. :playful:

snafu said:
I've lost count of the number of camp chairs I've bought and tried over the years and the one that ticks all the boxes for me is the Jet Tent Pilot Chair DLX. It's sturdy and comfortable with an adjustable lumbar support.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1252/1541968406_opt03frcha.jpg

Jeff

I wholeheartedly agree!! We've been through heaps of chairs, but these are well built and we've had them for a couple of years now.
Our friends even bought them too.
Not cheap, but really good.

1542024416_log.jpg

Developed a phobia about sitting on them things. They also make great chainsaw chain file holders!

Ever been violated by a file? :argh:

Wanderer reclining camp chair from BCF
1542025541_wanderer_camp_chair.jpg

folds down flat but takes up a bit more space than a regular camp chair, but its great to lay back a bit when your worn out
I scored 2 for the price of 1 in a post xmas sale a couple of years ago
and yes, ... you can sleep on it :zzz: ;)

Yup!! Got one of them!!! The head rest falls off, and there simply is no way of putting it back on!!!
The recliner stop brackets break, but you can cable tie it......
I bought ours at a camping show, the only one left was pink.. (only the beading, hems etc..) so bought it anyway, coz it was only going to the lease...
Perfect really, coz no one is game to ask the boss why they are sitting in a pink chair, when they are in his house, a couple of hundred kays from town!!!!

snafu said:
I've lost count of the number of camp chairs I've bought and tried over the years and the one that ticks all the boxes for me is the Jet Tent Pilot Chair DLX. It's sturdy and comfortable with an adjustable lumbar support.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1252/1541968406_opt03frcha.jpg

Jeff

I have the same but a different brand from memory.
Bought it for the lumbar support as i have a prolapsed disk.
The only chair i will sit in when out camping and a good weight rating on them too.

Simmo said:
Yup!! Got one of them!!! The head rest falls off, and there simply is no way of putting it back on!!!
The recliner stop brackets break, but you can cable tie it......
I bought ours at a camping show, the only one left was pink.. (only the beading, hems etc..) so bought it anyway, coz it was only going to the lease...
Perfect really, coz no one is game to ask the boss why they are sitting in a pink chair, when they are in his house, a couple of hundred kays from town!!!!

yep the headrest was annoying how it slid off, not sure why you say you couldn't put it back on, but I just set the position I like & put a couple of safety pins in the strap around the back.
haven't broken mine yet & it gets used a lot!

Something that you need to consider when choosing a camp chair is how friendly it will be when you have a bit of a snooze after a skinful of Chateau le Cardboard rough red or half a bottle of Bundy - will it throw you or let you settle in for an hour or two?

Some chairs just wont tolerate a drunk and will do their damnedest to put you face first in the dirt.

Jeff

Just picked up the last one Aldi had for $15! Awsum value. Check your local branch out for discounted stock!

Latest posts