School teacher - ten students to adelong

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello,
I am a High School teacher from Wagga, and I have the opportunity to take 10 students for a few days up to Adelong and surrounding areas for what I have termed fishing and finding.
I have recently become interested in panning and have been watching YouTube a fair bit in order to learn what I can.

I would like to give the students the best chance of having a go and finding a little bit of colour.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

I thought that I would take the students up to Talbingo, jounama Creek for a bit of a fish the next day.

Justin.

You sound like a very cool teacher, Justin! Wish I could help, but don't know the area. I'm sure someone will see this post and help you soon though.

Regards,
Megsy

Its probably already on your itinerary,but dropping into the Adelong Falls Gold Mill ruins would be a must on the to do list.A very interesting place to see and you should be able to have a pan while you are there,I haven't been there in years myself but I hear it is very well looked after.Trout fishing can be tough at times up at Talbingo,if it were me I would be using worms or Powerbait on a light rod.Sorry can't offer much more but all the best and good on you for getting the kids out in the outdoors.We look forward to a report when you guys get back.Oh and welcome to the forum.

Have a search on google for Busted Knuckles youtube site. I think he is from Adelong or near there. maybe you could contact him and ask if he could show the students how prospecting is undertaken and maybe even get a little. He is very knowledgeable.

Araluen

Hi Justin,
Last year I met a guy working at the antique shop nearly directly over the road from the Museum in the Main Street of Adelong,,,, has a stamper out the front of a good museum. Great exhibits of the gold era in the area. Including working models of crushers etc.
this guy was Mathew, he was hoping to set up guided Gold Tours. Maybe he did or not.
Worth checking the museum out. And the Antique shop, they were selling detecting picks.
Don't forget to take the snake bandages!
Cheers
Diablo