NSW Question?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Folks - a question if I may...
While I know it is unlikely - but say I discover a 'patch' of gold which is more than 50 gms or more than 5 nuggets greater than 10 gms each, what is supposed to happen to the rest of the gold?

19.3 said:
While I know it is unlikely - but say I discover a 'patch' of gold which is more than 50 gms or more than 5 nuggets greater than 10 gms each, what is supposed to happen to the rest of the gold?

Mate, you give me a call. I'll be there in a flash to help you dig and carry it out!! That we we get 50 grams or 5 nuggies each!!!

I find this NSW Fossicking rule very amusing. Just so you are aware other states do not have the same rule. If you were going to stick strictly to the wording (I have thought about this) I think all you could do would be rebury the excess and be back first thing the next morning to dig again. Maybe you could also start upsizing the nugs. So as you dig a larger one you put back a smaller one. Yeah right!!! :goldnugget: :goldnugget: :goldnugget: :goldnugget:

Troutman said:
19.3 said:

Mate, you give me a call. I'll be there in a flash to help you dig and carry it out!! That we we get 50 grams or 5 nuggies each!!!

I find this NSW Fossicking rule very amusing. Just so you are aware other states do not have the same rule. If you were going to stick strictly to the wording (I have thought about this) I think all you could do would be rebury the excess and be back first thing the next morning to dig again. Maybe you could also start upsizing the nugs. So as you dig a larger one you put back a smaller one. Yeah right!!! :goldnugget: :goldnugget: :goldnugget: :goldnugget:

Some interesting thoughts there - can see you've thought about it!

Latest posts