GemQ videos - Up to Dec. 2021

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New 15" Equinox Coil- Goldfields Bonanza
All,

Great day out for the first run with the new coil equinox coil. Coil performed beautifully on the mineralised soil, stable and hitting some nice deep targets in the dry soil. It was great to catch up with Mike who missed out on a token but managed to find his first cartwheel which is a big bucket lister. Great spread of finds from 1700s silver, trading tokens, early ladies ring with stone, Big Vicky penny and plenty of goldfields relics.

Hope you enjoy.

Brisgazza said:
Well done GemQ , some nice finds & looks like the new coil is pretty good hey , Gazza

Gazza,

Minelab have definitely hit the mark with this one, light, sensitive and it feels more balanced than the 11" stock coil.

Nice finds! Do you reckon that the bigger coil is any harder to use in really trashy areas where there are multiple objects under the coil. Depth looks pretty good :Y:

Dave79 said:
Nice finds! Do you reckon that the bigger coil is any harder to use in really trashy areas where there are multiple objects under the coil. Depth looks pretty good :Y:

Dave,

I'm probably a bit against the grain on this one. I think even using a larger coil you wont miss much in trashy areas particularly if you slow the sweep down and use the audio to identify masking iron vs good targets. Like the 11" it does have good depth. I think the advantage is in area covered every 2 swings on the 15" is worth 3 on the 11".

Trash said:
Some very nice Oldies there Guy

I think the 11 coil may not get a run now ..!

Have to use it at Wedderburn and Ararat but will replace the skid plate on the 15 x 12 before the 11".

Well done mate..Great vid too..
The 15 inch looks good ....Will be good for covering those large areas. :perfect: :Y:
Cant please everyone all the time CTX. ;)

Nice vid Guy. What recovery speed were you running? Appears slower than the factory field2 preset. Do you think you get better depth with it set lower?

ChrisD said:
Nice vid Guy. What recovery speed were you running? Appears slower than the factory field2 preset. Do you think you get better depth with it set lower?

Chris,

It was at 7 which is the factory preset. Maybe the larger coil area made the response a bit broader and slower.

US Silver Streak
All,

First go with the 15" coil at a local spot. Really happy with the balance and response to targets and managed to hit a few silvers over a couple of hours in a spot that has been worked to depth. Much prefer it over the 11" stock even in trashy parks.

Morning of Goldfields Action
All,

Nice start to the morning unfortunately after lunch the detector had to stay in the car. Win some, lose some. Must admit the Nox loves a silver coin, as you see on the video it screamed its head off.

Hope you had a great weekend and managed to get away from Christmas shopping.