Australian History

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello, I came looking for a quiz or two but nobody is in ? lol :lol: anyways, I go read something else, cheers

OK, let's kick this off again...

What am I and what are my two claims to fame?

I was established in the 1870s and Im located less than 10kms north of a major Australian town in an historical reserve bearing my name.

Sorry - cold, shakergt.

Construction began in November 1871 adjacent to a waterhole. After completion, I operated for 60 years.

Alice Springs ---National transport hall of fame , the national pioneers women hall of fame- cheers :D

I thought about Ayers rock then I decided it was Alice, then I am wrong again, maybe it is Ayers , I will think about it again Megsy when I finish what I was doing :D I have to sort my rocks and do some research, see you later :D

You got it xcavator! But you didn't answer the second part of the question. What are it's two claims to fame?

Hello Megsy, I think I gave you the two halls of fame :D , National transport hall of fame , the national pioneers women hall of fame, these are the only ones Alice springs got or telegraph station if you like, same thing I believe :D cheers

Latest posts