⭐ Show Us Your Cut Stones - Before And After Photos

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1541713790_screenshot_20181109-084607_gallery.jpg

1541713791_screenshot_20181109-084614_gallery.jpg

1541713792_screenshot_20181109-084539_gallery.jpg

A before and after of my smokie quartz. Still have half of stone so people can see what it looks like before and after faceting. Pictures as usual aren't very good on my phone compared with seeing in person

Very nice :cool: it has a great colour tone

In what part of the planet did it surface :pickshovel: :rainbow: :gemstone:

Firepanther said:
In north east tassie. Going down again this weekend. Hopefully get my woman a nice sapphire :D
The smoky came up beautiful. Did you break up a big rock to get a clear bit or find it as pictured? Good luck on the sapphires :Y:

Dave79 said:
Firepanther said:
In north east tassie. Going down again this weekend. Hopefully get my woman a nice sapphire :D
The smoky came up beautiful. Did you break up a big rock to get a clear bit or find it as pictured? Good luck on the sapphires :Y:
I found it like that. Me and the fiancee are heading down today. Hoping to find her a sapphire today for are 16th Anniversary. You know she's a keeper when she wants to go prospecting and camping on ya anniversary :D

Firepanther said:
Dave79 said:
Firepanther said:
I found it like that. Me and the fiancee are heading down today. Hoping to find her a sapphire today for are 16th Anniversary. You know she's a keeper when she wants to go prospecting and camping on ya anniversary :D

Best of luck Firepanther, yep... she sounds special. Harmoniously sharing the good, the bad and the challenging builds a sound relationship through thick and thin. I've been with mine for 35yrs and at times hell and back and we're still rock solid and do everything together.

Dihusky said:
Firepanther said:
Dave79 said:
Firepanther said:

Best of luck Firepanther, yep... she sounds special. Harmoniously sharing the good, the bad and the challenging builds a sound relationship through thick and thin. I've been with mine for 35yrs and at times hell and back and we're still rock solid and do everything together.

Yep some people can't handle the bad times but we always pull through. :Y:

After bogging myself down for hours and hours on a sapphire and not being able to get an acceptable polish happening, I decided to do some speed cutting on this nice little garnet to test myself and break up the frustration.

1541981583_dbadd8dc-09f7-4a13-941d-522d9ae7a6c5.jpg

Was a bit aggressive on the girdle and burnt some size away unnecessarily, but very happy with the exercise. It has a few needle inclusions and a bright personality. Almost couldnt get a photo :party: :gemstone: :party:

1541981941_61c12a3d-651c-4b6f-942d-acf4aed8b2c2.jpg

Finished up at about 1ct.

1541982006_75be9de2-d346-46ae-959f-560580ba4f91.jpg

Hey FP, a trip down to Zeehan Min & Gems Show would likely have landed you a nice sapphire already set or not, as would please you. Or, the calendar shows another show on at Lonnie the next weekend. Would save you from freezing your cohones off in that ice-cold mountain water. :|

Pat Hogen said:
Hey FP, a trip down to Zeehan Min & Gems Show would likely have landed you a nice sapphire already set or not, as would please you. Or, the calendar shows another show on at Lonnie the next weekend. Would save you from freezing your cohones off in that ice-cold mountain water. :|

Yeah might of been easier. But we like the adventure. Been trying to find new spots for sapphires. I always seem to be busy on mineral fairs :|

Yep, one you've found is worth way more than one you bought to me too. The brass monkey effect just shows how much you really love her eh???!!!