G'day from North Queensland!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
G'day and thanks for the add. Name here is Macca and I'm pretty new to prospecting. I did a little panning as a kid in Central West NSW but am now in my 50s and up on the Atherton Tableland. Me and the missus are loving getting out and doing some relic hunting but would love to find some yellow stuff up north as well. We have a Garrett At Max vlf machine which we really enjoy and am looking at something like a 4500 or 5000 down the track. Joined to increase my knowledge, hopefully meet a few prospectors up north and enjoy our bloody beautiful country. ?.

Welcome Maccanq and Mrs Maccanq.
There is lots to learn on here, and people up your way who I'm sure will give you some tips on places to go around there.
Or just do a search on the forum for those areas and see if there's already some info about them that can help you.

Welcome again.
Cheers,
Megsy

Hi Maccanq,

The NQ Cairns members are having a get together at the Red Beret Hotel in Cairns on Saturday 10th Nov at 11:30 am. You will meet a great bunch of like minded people. I'd be there myself but I'm currently in WA.

After you get 10 posts up you will be able to access the members only section.

Have a drink for us. :beer:

Cheers

Doug and Carol

Gee thanks very much Rockhunter62 and The Green Wanderer,

We would love to come along. Unfortunately we have a shooting comp tomorrow morning (another bad habit), but would love to meet up with some fellow NQ people soon. How often do you have the meet ups? I'll definitely put in the diary. :perfect: