Grabben Gullen information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well finally is time for the trip! Car is packed and the guys are ready to go so we're of.
Hopefully we will find some nice blues.

we have car packed heading down in the morning the family is keen for some fun in the sun see you there :)

Well the trip was great. Found a couple of nice sapphires :D and had a great chat with some lovely people.
Thanks to colin and lee who showed us where to look and what to look for.
Richo hope to see you down there again mate.

Just wondering if anyone has some contact details of private land holders who are willing to let people fossick on their property either for free or for a price they could PM me?

Sans powered machinery of course :/

Cheers

Kev

No no, those wernt fish, they sound like eel, no sorry , I meant leaches. and there as big as small snakes. and 10x more aggressive

GG creek has a few stocked rainbow trout and quite a lot of small "Smelt". Also some good yabbies, big enough for a feed.....ohh and yehh...like charlie said ...leaches big enough to wrestle the Red Bellied Blacks. :eek:

Cheers Wal.

Talking about snakes and fishing 2 weeks ago at tuena looking for a crevice saw a 1.8 to 2 m black snake fishing. Swimming in the water around a boulder. Less than 5 m away. I was splashing like crazy to get him to move. He stayed and I went the long way round. Snake 1 me nil

Wouldn't be suprised if one of the sheep was dragged in. Lachlan river is 10 minutes away and also has carp big enough to see from the bridge driving past

About fish, there was a approx. 5kg Carp right near the camp at Tuena, was...is...stuck in a hole. Has anyone spotted it?

Re Grabben Gullen, where the hell are you supposed to go? Drove thru and had no clue, looked around for 10 mins and then kept driving! Is there a map?

did you find the bridge small dirt track leading down from the road near the bridge sapphire road it is a dirt road :)

Twapster said:
About fish, there was a approx. 5kg Carp right near the camp at Tuena, was...is...stuck in a hole. Has anyone spotted it?

Re Grabben Gullen, where the hell are you supposed to go? Drove thru and had no clue, looked around for 10 mins and then kept driving! Is there a map?

I spotted a school of about ten of them at one spot about a month ago. They were trapped from low water. The smallest wouldnt have been any smaller than 40cm.
Greg.

Danielkrupski said:
Talking about snakes and fishing 2 weeks ago at tuena looking for a crevice saw a 1.8 to 2 m black snake fishing. Swimming in the water around a boulder. Less than 5 m away. I was splashing like crazy to get him to move. He stayed and I went the long way round. Snake 1 me nil

Reckon its not a good idea to try and scare snakes away .you will just make them think aggression is first response to humans

Bad ting !

Bad bad ting !

Have a gentle quiet response to them but keep your distance

If its a brown then keep MORE distance and be prepared to run if it comes towards you :|

GG newbies need to be warned...know where you are going! Drove down both roads past the pub...yep small bridge and not much else. Anyone got a map image?

Twapster said:
GG newbies need to be warned...know where you are going! Drove down both roads past the pub...yep small bridge and not much else. Anyone got a map image?

You need to go past the first crossing on GG creek if coming from the Crookwell end. Turn left down Sapphire road and the main Sapphire area is at the bridge which is about 10 mins down Sapphire Rd.

Cheers Wal.