You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

AussieChris
08 November 2018 08:22 pm

I'm looking for something to carry my Nox around in and figured might as well get the Minelab Carry Bag.

1541668552_minelab_bag.jpg

Do any of you use them? I was unable to find a pic of one open, is the padding decent? I'm sure some of you entrust it on much more expensive detectors than mine.
I was also wondering if there was much room for accessories?
Worth the 70 odd bucks?

I'd be happy to go with a generic one but I just can't find them for sale in Aus. I also looked at rifle cases but some can be expensive.
Although I wonder if I would be best go for something like this. Awesome storage, plus it has back straps on the obverse.

1541668805_gunbag.jpg

"About 10 minutes into it everything changed, buckets were flying ... people were bleeding. Girls were unconscious."

mbasko
08 November 2018 08:33 pm

I've got one. It's not overly padded & not a great deal of room in the storage pocket. It seems a tough type of material though.
To be honest I wished I'd stuck with buying Keyboard cases that I've used in the past. The ones I've had have been more padded & have a good sized storage pocket or pockets.
These are the type of bag I'm talking about:
https://www.swamp.net.au/keyboard-cases/
Lots on fleabay too.
Just need to work out what size would best suit you.
The DD Leather bags are also better than the Minelab.

Everything we use comes from mining or farming.

2 users like this post: ProspectorPete, AussieChris

ProspectorPete
08 November 2018 08:34 pm

Double D Leather make padded bags with side pocket, different sizes to suit and would prob do a custom.
Located in Bendigo, I have a large and smaller bag for GPX and coils etc and they're great quality.

https://doubledleather.com.au/

Minelab GPX-4500 / sP01 / Evo coils, Nox 600, Whites GMZ
PMAV and BUGU member

2 users like this post: AussieChris, mbasko

AussieChris
08 November 2018 08:44 pm

Cheers mbasko! never in a million years would I have thought of a keyboard case.

The DD Leather look like great quality as well. Will have to toss up between those and the rifle case. thumbsup

"About 10 minutes into it everything changed, buckets were flying ... people were bleeding. Girls were unconscious."

7.62marksman
08 November 2018 08:48 pm

i use gun carry case for mine but make sure you try one first they just fit the GM1000 and Garrett the keyboard ones might be a bit bigger

Highbanker, Sluice, Trommel, Gold Monster 1000 (Khaleesi), Garrett Ace 400i (Rhaegal), Go-Find 40 (Nymeria), Non Turbo 2.8lt Hilux (Turtle), NAPFA member ----A disposal technician at a dead run outranks everybody

Wally69
08 November 2018 08:56 pm

When I need to go for a hike, I put my NoX in the bag I got with my camp folding chair along with my utility belt and shovel. it is not padded but does roll up and gets tucked into the back of my belt when I don’t need it. Looks just like a camp chair too, so have not been dubbed in for carrying a weapon either.

it is a shame the Bathurst race weekend is over, you could have chosen from a hundred different varieties and colours, all for free.

Last edited by Wally69 (08 November 2018 08:56 pm)

2 users like this post: 7.62marksman, goody2shoes

AussieChris
08 November 2018 08:59 pm

Oh really Wally? They just left them all up there?

I didn't even bother going up for a look.

Wally69
08 November 2018 09:52 pm

AussieChris wrote:

Oh really Wally? They just left them all up there?

I didn't even bother going up for a look.

I am on the lookout ATM for one with the shoulder strap so I can robin-hood style my kit while climbing steeper escarpments. Not having two free hands has been proven to be dangerous. ops Best bags are made for the ‘big boy’ chairs.

3 users like this post: 7.62marksman, goody2shoes, Mackka

nesral
09 November 2018 08:11 am

Check out Gold Search Australia.

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site