Detector and Accessories Bag / case

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Hi guys just wondering what case or bag
You use to put all of your detecting gear.
When i go prospecting i carry an 8", 11"
14" mono along with an 11"dd and the
14" dd pro elite which is on my 3500.

Then there are bits and pieces, batteries,
Maps etc.

I also own an 18"dd but don't take this
With me.

A bag is not the right way i think to carry
Your gear especially where you can damage
The wire connection on the coil.

Why carry so much gear? This is a day trip
For me with a 1.5 hour drive to arrive
At the goldfields so want to take with me
All of my gear.

What do you guys use?

Thanks

Thanks for that..

Not much of a response makes me wonder if I am the only bloke to take all of my gear with me
or whether everyone just throws all of the gear in one bag.

Just for storage and protection... What about a flight case or guitar case, wont fit all the coils, but adapted to fit what you can.
I have just bought this and will re foam to support and suit the GPX..

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Aluminiu...AU_Instrument_Accessories&hash=item5af382230f

Or you can buy a minelab one....

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Aluminiu...71282423722?pt=AU_Gadgets&hash=item27e13a5faa

You can get larger flight/road case that would fit it all, and put it in your boot.

For carrying while detecting, i guess the back pack would be the go.

cheers

For my 3500 i purchased a padded bag from d and d a
Month ago.

http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/181336505639?nav=SEARCH

Its a brilliant bag and no one knows what you have in it.

Now need to sort something out to cart my 8", 11", 14"
monos And maybe an 18" when i get one, gps, maps,
red flags i place on trees And other bits and pieces.

I have a metal guitar case ($74) already full of gear like coils & other spares so have bought a padded 88 key keyboard case ($70) recently which hasn't arrived yet.
Both cost less than half what the metal case purpose made for Minelab costs ($275).
If ok I'll use the padded keyboard case for my 5000. Its 152cmx52cmx20cm so it should fit with some other gear as well.

mbasko said:
I have a metal guitar case ($60) already full of gear like coils & other spares so have bought a padded 88 key keyboard case ($80) recently which hasn't arrived yet.
Both cost less than half what the metal case purpose made for Minelab costs ($275).
If ok I'll use the padded keyboard case for my 5000. Its 152cmx52cmx20cm so it should fit with some other gear as well.

Cool would you have the url link pls?

1399932895_13999322619950.jpg
1399932914_13999322842091.jpg

Swamp Industries padded keyboard case (88 key)

http://www.swamp.net.au/keyboard-bag-88.html

Have used one of these & for $70 they are great. Padding, can squeeze detector in at full length or shorten & fold bag if space is limited using strap to hold, can fit in more padding i.e. I put an old pillow around my control box, fit in extra coils & other gear, pouch on front for small items/maps/spare leads etc.

I'm looking for something to carry my Nox around in and figured might as well get the Minelab Carry Bag.

1541668552_minelab_bag.jpg

Do any of you use them? I was unable to find a pic of one open, is the padding decent? I'm sure some of you entrust it on much more expensive detectors than mine.
I was also wondering if there was much room for accessories?
Worth the 70 odd bucks?

I'd be happy to go with a generic one but I just can't find them for sale in Aus. I also looked at rifle cases but some can be expensive.
Although I wonder if I would be best go for something like this. Awesome storage, plus it has back straps on the obverse.

1541668805_gunbag.jpg

I've got one. It's not overly padded & not a great deal of room in the storage pocket. It seems a tough type of material though.
To be honest I wished I'd stuck with buying Keyboard cases that I've used in the past. The ones I've had have been more padded & have a good sized storage pocket or pockets.
These are the type of bag I'm talking about:
https://www.swamp.net.au/keyboard-cases/
Lots on fleabay too.
Just need to work out what size would best suit you.
The DD Leather bags are also better than the Minelab.

Cheers mbasko! never in a million years would I have thought of a keyboard case.

The DD Leather look like great quality as well. Will have to toss up between those and the rifle case. :Y:

When I need to go for a hike, I put my NoX in the bag I got with my camp folding chair along with my utility belt and shovel. it is not padded but does roll up and gets tucked into the back of my belt when I dont need it. Looks just like a camp chair too, so have not been dubbed in for carrying a weapon either.

it is a shame the Bathurst race weekend is over, you could have chosen from a hundred different varieties and colours, all for free.

AussieChris said:
Oh really Wally? They just left them all up there?

I didn't even bother going up for a look.

I am on the lookout ATM for one with the shoulder strap so I can robin-hood style my kit while climbing steeper escarpments. Not having two free hands has been proven to be dangerous. :8 Best bags are made for the big boy chairs.

Latest posts