Heads up for the sale of Pyrolusite

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It is reported on the 'Australian Lapidary Group' Facebook page that a miner in Tasmania has had a portion of his mined supply of Pyrolusite stolen from his secured diggings:

"Shane Stanfield
21 hrs
Hi all!
I wish there was a nice way to say this but... Some low life piece of shit has been breaking into mine sites on the west coast and stealing equipment etc...
unfortunately they cut the chain on one of my adit doors and cut a hole in the other door to gain access. It also appears that they have raided my Pyrolusite tunnel where a good quantity of specimens have been removed.
If anyone is offered Platt Prospect (Dundas) Pyrolusite specimens, please let me know asap so I can pass this information on to the police to aid in their investigations. It would take an intimate knowledge of the area to pull this off as these sites are way off the beaten track and not in plain site (sic)."

See images: https://duckduckgo.com/?q=pyrolusite&atb=v39-7b_&iax=images&ia=images

Zeehan Gem & Mineral Show is on this weekend too - I don't suppose anyone would be stupid enough to sell quantities of the mineral ?

I saw this literally 10mins ago. My mate posted it on facebook that lives in zeehan. I would be super pissed. Being up dundas tracks the culprit or culprits must of known what they were after and where to look. Can't trust anyone these days :awful:

Latest posts