You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

RM Outback
25 October 2018 06:35 pm

Great thread thumbsup seeing I'm in the market to add to my new vehicle. 12500lb is plenty enough I reckon AF if fitted to a passenger /light commercial vehicle. I'll keep an eye out on ebay when I'm ready to purchase, thanks for all the info everyone perfect.

Glad to see you back Bogger thumbsup your a valuable resource on this forum power.

3 users like this post: Tathradj, mbasko, Occasional_panner

Bogger
Gone Walkabout
Gone Walkabout
25 October 2018 08:56 pm

RM Outback wrote:

Great thread thumbsup seeing I'm in the market to add to my new vehicle. 12500lb is plenty enough I reckon AF if fitted to a passenger /light commercial vehicle. I'll keep an eye out on ebay when I'm ready to purchase, thanks for all the info everyone perfect.

Glad to see you back Bogger thumbsup your a valuable resource on this forum power.

Thanks RM appreciated but can bet a few that disagree, but that's like water of a ducks back tongue wink The seller on the net is Alaka_net. There are other sellers but this guy backs his stuff 100% which when combined with a good price is a winning combination thumbsup
Running quite a few of them in different applications from car carrier to camper and never had an issue.
This one's on a slide on slide off mount as it's used in three different positions around the camper and hence why it's not hard wired. Swings Quad rack over, drags quad onto top of camper and also used on a gantry crane.

1540461375_imax_4000.jpg

1540462491_tambo_gantry_2.jpg

Last edited by Bogger (25 October 2018 09:16 pm)

1 user likes this post: RM Outback

Ridge Runner
26 October 2018 02:19 am

Bogger wrote:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au … _winch.jpg

Probably of topic but hey I'm a thrill seeker big_smile Found this little fella waiting for his mum ..................... but don't get to close or his mum mightn't love him anymore when she comes back and smells you all over him wink

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au … f_baby.jpg

Bogger that little 4000Lb winch can pull well over 4000Lbs, on a 10% slope it can pull up to 20,100Lb if the load is on wheels and 8643Lbs on a 40% slope, Here is a PDF that shows just what they can do, A 9000Lb Winch can pull up to 45,226 of rolling mass,

What this shows is that depending the application and how they are used there are other options, I have dragged an old Army Land Rover out of a bog with one of those cheap manual cable pullers and all it took was a bit of effort so these facts and figures are spot On,

Hope that helps, thumbsup cool

J.

https://images.homedepot-static.com/cat … 95379c.pdf

1540480997_hand_puller.jpg

Last edited by Ridge Runner (26 October 2018 02:23 am)

Dig em all,

2 users like this post: Bogger, RM Outback

Bogger
Gone Walkabout
Gone Walkabout
26 October 2018 04:27 am

Thanks John ...................... yes I use a 4000lb one on a car carrier and it drags 2.5 tonne vehicles up no problem. No skull dragging but rolling mass no issue thumbsup The only thing one has to watch on the light units is to make sure cabling doesn't spool on one side as it can blow the side of the winch drum out. That's more operator error than unit fault, as even coiling of winch rope is always good practice no matter the winch size used.

Last edited by Bogger (26 October 2018 04:29 am)

2 users like this post: Ridge Runner, RM Outback

Ridge Runner
26 October 2018 04:39 am

Yeah your Spot On there, So many people use their winch and having got back on the road they forget to re-spool the cable or rope so next time they use it, It either won't feed out or slips between the layers the next time they use it kinking and damaging the cable, Those little hand pullers are a great way of learning what happens to a winch under load because you can see what's going on, Due to their nature as you said they bunch up and you have to stop and pull it all out and re feed it again, Another thing to remember for a lot of folks is that a Winch has a 5:1 test ratio which means they can pull 5 times their Rated value although that is the safety factor not a Recommendation.

Here is some more info and they list winches up to 16,500Lbs jeez they can pull up to 82,911Lbs inlove I think I need one of them, Not to use, Just to sit and look at inlove inlove

https://www.globalspec.com/learnmore/ma … al_winches

Last edited by Ridge Runner (26 October 2018 04:44 am)

Dig em all,

1 user likes this post: RM Outback

tazzii
08 November 2018 08:40 pm

We have an Aldi winch and another person in our 4x4 club has an aldi winch and they work hard and as good as the other brands the people in our club have. We also have an aldi 3 way fridge, for 10 years that has never let us down

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site