Greetings Everyone.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I came across this forum by accident when I decided to start prospecting again and doing searches on the net re gold prospecting. I have been looking at some very valuable and informative material on how to prospect for gold. As a result I have decided to become a member.

I mentioned that I was starting prospecting again. That is true but I am still really a newbie. I started prospecting when I was living in WA and a friend lent me a GPX 4500. I visited a few gold bearing locations but never found any gold. I did find lots and lots of metal rubbish but no gold. However, that being said, I bet I did hear the sound of gold and foolishly brushed it off as metal rubbish. Since finding this forum, I have learn't so much especially from Loamer and Minelab Gold.

I am now saving to purchase my own detector, hopefully a GPX 5000 plus gear to go with it.

I live in Sydney and will probably go to out to the Hill End area when I finally have my detector.

Looking forward to learning much more. :D

Thank you for the welcome Jacos and Goody. I am having an absolute ball going over the posts on this forum. Just finished reading about the different ways of camping at the prospecting sites. Now to read other posts. Can't do a lot until I get my GPX 5000. So at least I can spend time studying the art of prospecting.

Happy Prospecting :D

B n B