You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

Icarusvonlubey
06 November 2018 01:38 am

Our adventure is starting

First
I am not sure if I can post images as i'm pretty new here or say where I bought the Gold bug pro from but it was overseas. (can edit to say if admins say I can with an image confirming my price)
What finally persuaded me to buy from here though was the price and the fact I had some security from Paypal. I was skeptical at first because i saw a few bad reviews but I paid just $273.49 for it. I followed the tracking site closely each step off the way and it took 2 weeks to come and just missed out on the long weekend. sad

So it came today (monday 5th Nov) with both a 5" and 11" DD coils, the handle/host and 2 stems. So all I had to find was a 9v battery to get started.

Anyway the package came and My daughter filmed me opening it up and putting it together for about 20 minutes. We are going to make a few more videos on setting it up using the manual and later on some of the advice sourced from here. But my daughter and I had fun just scooting the 11" coil over her $5 ballarat gold and hearing the sounds.

The manual is 40 pages, so a lot of information to take in for a gold/ metal detector noob and it is aimed at the American market so will have try try find equivalent to test the target readouts.
But anyway back to reading that manual and trying to understand all the new terms.

Will keep in touch and post my videos when I get them ready.

Icarusvonlubey (Anthony)

2 users like this post: robmoto, liliane

mbasko
19 November 2018 06:24 pm

Hopefully it's genuine & not one of many fakes.

Everything we use comes from mining or farming.

1 user likes this post: grubstake

Tathradj

A couple of HiBankers inc. accessories, , QED, 4500, SDC2300, Gt1600,
Aldi, A Prado 4x4, A'Van Cruiseliner and a heck of a lot of determination.
Most importantly, A lot of Good Honest Friends. Maybe one day Lucky.

2 users like this post: grubstake, mbasko

Keith1
19 November 2018 08:52 pm

Have fun with your new toy and generally the Gold Bug pro is a good detector - it would be good to know where you got it from.

cheers
Keith

Icarusvonlubey
19 November 2018 09:39 pm

after reading the replies and the other links. Yes it is a fake one.
Keith, it was bought with paypal via Cafago

Problem now is what to do because we have been playing testing with different metals (coins and little pieces of ballarat gold) and it has been finding them with both coils.
Daughter was even making a note of the numbers for each coin/gold found for reference.

Do we keep it as a play around thing to get used to the hobby since my daughter is now super keen to try it out for real.
Then save for a real one and take it as a valuable lesson learned, or go through the process of getting the money returned and everything that's involved in that process.

p.s. I havn't told her its a fake.

mbasko
19 November 2018 09:55 pm

As difficult as it might be to reveal it's a fake & chasing a refund I would be exploring that option.
The more people who call these sellers out & demand money back for fake goods the better IMO.
If you just accept it then there's no gain for anyone but the dodgy seller. You will get a detector that works to a degree, not to the degree you thought you were getting, & the dodgy seller gets to keep your money + keep selling them knowing most won't pursue them.

Everything we use comes from mining or farming.

4 users like this post: Dave law, Eldorado, grubstake, Smoky bandit

Tathradj
20 November 2018 08:17 am

If you have paid via Paypal,
You can request a refund as the Machine is a fake.
It won't take long to reverse.
After all, It is your money and you bought the machine in good faith.
I would say that you will end up keeping the machine as the dodgy
seller will not want to pay to send it back over sea's.

2 users like this post: Smoky bandit, mbasko

Ridge Runner
20 November 2018 12:46 pm

Why Not contact fisher in the US give them the serial number and ask them if it is a fake, It is better to confirm Yes/No than have everyone saying it's fake, Chances are at that price it may well be, But there again it might not be ? even if it is but it works then things are ok-ish sort of, thumbsup

Dig em all,

Goldpick
20 November 2018 03:11 pm

If it came from the Cafago website, all their products are shipped direct from China to the customer, and at that price you can guarantee it is a knock off - even says it comes direct from China on the actual listing.

Prospecting gear: Used - Whites GM3, GM2, GMT, ML XT17000, ML X-Terra 305, Garrett Gold Stinger, Tesoro Vaquero, Nokta RS pinpointer, Minelab Explorer SE Pro/Etrac, Ace 250
Current - XP Deus, Makro Racer 2, Fisher F75, Tesoro Tejon, Teknetics G2, Whites SPP, Garrett Infinium, Minelab Go-Find 60, XP MI-6, Minelab Profind, Whites Bullseye TRX, Deteknix X-pointer, Garrett AT Pointer

1 user likes this post: grubstake

Tathradj
20 November 2018 03:13 pm

Dropshipping. devil

AussieChris
20 November 2018 03:29 pm

You paid via PayPal, just put in a claim. Get your $ back. The seller won’t pay for the return so just keep it.

You don’t owe the seller any loyalty.
They willfully sell knock offs.

Even if it is a junker it will more than likely run at around 6-7kHz and will find coins in the park.

Enough to see if you guys want to continue with exploring the hobby thumbsup

"About 10 minutes into it everything changed, buckets were flying ... people were bleeding. Girls were unconscious."

4 users like this post: mbasko, Tathradj, grubstake, Smoky bandit

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site