Bank notes Collection Help needed

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goldtarget

(AKA OldGT)
Reaction score
Hi All,
My FIL passed a couple of weeks back and the estate is being divided.
Some of the collection items he had on hand are banknotes, possibly his late brothers who had various collectables.
I have been given a series of bank notes I cannot find much information on, however if someone with some experience in this area can help either personally or via a 3rd party I would be extremely grateful.

The reason I'm asking is due to the notes appearing to be in excellent condition but as there are a few parties in the division I have 3 consecutive notes (23,24, 25) and 3 other notes of the same series (8, 11, 16). As the division is quite recent I think it best to have them valued to try and ensure the splits are consecutively divided, but only if the collection value warrants it.

The notes are $5 polymer Parkes/Spence issue.

TIA OldGT.

It depends on the date the notes were printed and the signatures on then if they are 2001 notes Macfarlane/Evans and they are the AA0000000
or the last notes of the series JD01 they could be worth something but with all decimal coins and notes there's so many out there.
Dealers have bundles of 100's of consecutive notes on hand for sale.
db

Latest posts