Whites SPP information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, I wasn't sure what it was & being that it was. No railway lines around the area it was found so not sure how it got there, unless it has something to do with the mining some how, not sure if there was a rail line through there years ago, never heard of one.

Well its taken a bit longer than I wanted but had to move house & fix car as well as some other stuff but I'm finally getting the coil.
Paid today for a 7.5x12 Razorback "Longreach" folded mono, should be here by Tuesday, Wednesday at the latest Brian said.
Have read many good things about these coils so will be good too finally put it on the SPP & give it a whirl.
Thanks for all the help everyone, very much appreciated.
Waiting sux.

Went for a quick swing today, only for around an hour & a half close to town, got a lot of interference, was nearly as much as the power lines caused, but today I couldn't seem to get the SPP tuned that well. I think it may have been caused by the weather as there was some rain & thunder earlier in the day & after about an hour of being out there it had cleared up more & I was able to get the tune running a bit smoother, that was in "ALL" mode. Earlier I had got it running as smooth as I could then switched to "LOW" mode & it was ok. Didn't find much, just some more scrap metal, bullet casings & a ring from a bird, also found this vapor thing which we later found out is meant for smoking of herbs,haha.

Hopefully when the new coil arrives it will help us find our first nugget.

Tried near some different power lines today, still a bit of trouble with interference but slowly getting the hang of tuning the SPP & frequency a bit better. I just get it as good as I can in all mode, ground balance & switch to LOW mode & it runs nice & smooth,
Found a little bit of lead shot down about 12 inches today, thought that was ok.

Todays finds, just more scrap metal,haha. the round bit of lead shot was the bit found in the hole above.

If you're picking up the lead shot at that depth you'll have no problem getting gold if the coil goes over it, well done.

Yeah been getting some lead here & there so hoping some gold might show up soon, still looking for my first piece.
Been in gold area's but nothing yet, although the area's I've been have most likely been pretty well flogged.
More research needed, only having a 2wd makes it a bit hard to get to some places too, specially when wet.

Yep, definitely would be cheaper from him, he did mention a while back that these were at a testing stage. Obviously the freight component makes the ebay ones a pretty hexy option.

How much was your Longreach Mono Ozzii? :)

So that is the actual au price quoted on the Razorback site. Though Brian is exclusively a dealer for Razorback coils, GS deals with MJ coils. Will be interesting to see what the DD coils retail for from GS should they chose to stock them.

Yeah AU prices for the RB coils on that site, not sure about the MJ coils but probably U.S pricing as it doesn't say anything about AU pricing in the coil description. Not sure why the MJ coils would be more expensive than the RB coils though, pretty much the same coils.

Goldpick said:
Only really just noticed this today, Miner John has at last released DD coils specifically suited the TDI, SL & SPP, both in 5x9" & 7x11".

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Miner-Jo...003850?hash=item2ee61aae4a:g:lcsAAOSwWnFV9z~E

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Miner-Jo...002624?hash=item2ee61aa980:g:iHgAAOSwWnFV9z8O

Yes I saw them GP,, I wonder if they sharpen up the signals and how they handle hot pockets etc, When I order my coils I will ask them, with a bit of luck they will be a bit quieter in noisy ground,

Thanks for the reminder,

ozziii said:
Not sure why the MJ coils would be more expensive than the RB coils though, pretty much the same coils.

The materials/construction/packaging costs for both ranges are likely to be the same, but because RB coils were around for a few years before MJ bought the company, I'd guess it's possible that the fixed design/testing/setup/tooling/etc costs of the RB coils have already been amortised, whereas it appears that the MJ's are an expanding range currently under development, so the owner needs to recover those costs via somewhat higher prices. It's a theory, anyway. :)

MJ/RB vs Whites reminds me of the relationship that AMG used to have with Mercedes - a high quality but rather staid long-established company with an innovative third party pushing its machines to higher levels of performance. Jimmy Sierra's role seems somewhat similar too, IMHO. It's a fascinating business model to observe - I wish them all every success.

Either way, I'm not one to argue if the RB Longreach coils are sold here cheaper than the MJ coils, only good news for us. Will have to hold off on a MJ DD coil for now though, can't really justify the purchase with only the odd trip to the GT - maybe I should move. ;)

Dear

I try to do many things to detecte small pc's of gold ,, but same time the machine detect any small
Iron metal ,,

Plz tell me what to do ,I TRY TO CHECK BY GPX coil ,, but same result

Rgds

There is no easy route to finding gold. All gold detectors will pick up pretty much any trash metals as well, my only suggestion would be to find a good placer area further away from trash laden areas.

Moatazfaize said:
Dear

I try to do many things to detecte small pc's of gold ,, but same time the machine detect any small
Iron metal ,,

Plz tell me what to do ,I TRY TO CHECK BY GPX coil ,, but same result

Rgds
Steel (boot nails, tin cans and chips off tools) brass and aluminium are all good conductors and tiny bits are easy to find.
Gold is not a good conductor and is harder to find.
The TDI Oz pro is good but on pieces smaller than 0.5 of a gram (half a gram) in mineralised ground (where raw gold is found) it has to be very shallow and if others have gone over this ground with far more expensive machines then your chances of finding it have been greatly reduced!
Time on ground, research on where gold should be and where others havent been and then putting yourself in those places are your best options.
Matt T

Jaros said:
I beg to differ. Gold is one of the best conductors running 3rd to Copper and Silver.
I stand corrected!
It still doesnt respond to metal detectors nearly as well. Perhaps its magnetic interpretation?
still takes special machines to repeatedly find small gold at a reasonable depth, the smaller it is the harder it is to detect.
Matt T

Latest posts