Gold Nuggets for sale

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
1541219874_dsc_0004.jpg

1541219875_dsc_0005.jpg

1541219876_dsc_0006.jpg

1541219876_dsc_0007.jpg

1541219877_dsc_0008.jpg

1541219878_dsc_0009.jpg

1541219878_dsc_0010.jpg

1541219879_dsc_0011.jpg

I have thought about selling my gold nuggets and seeing if there is any interest on this site. Prefer to sell them in the 3 lots photographed, or all together. I am not too sure of the valuation however open to offers. Pickup is available or can post registered, signature on delivery.

Enquire via PM.

:perfect: :goldnugget: :goldpan: :money: :100: :party: :sunny: :fire: :trophy:

Eski said:
Hi Treasureman, looks nice, where are they from?
Hi Eski, thanks. Nuggets are from various areas around Aus. Will get back to you with more detail soon.

There are a couple there with inclusions, not taking anything off for purity.
Top dollar Unallocated price of $1649.34 @ 43.87 gms says they are worth $2334.08. (To the PM)

Simmo said:
Top dollar Unallocated price of $1649.34 @ 43.87 gms says they are worth $2334.08. (To the PM)

Are you quoting spot gold price there or what the mint will pay? Cause nuggets generally retail at quite a premium over spot, especially Australias high purity nuggets. Looking at the current spot gold price if it was pure gold with no inclusions then spot price would be a little over $2400 aud, but again they are nuggets in there so would generally expect a premium over that. As for how much the premium should be, thats like asking how much art is worth, it's largely in the eye of the beholder.

Matt80 said:
Simmo said:

Are you quoting spot gold price there or what the mint will pay? Cause nuggets generally retail at quite a premium over spot, especially Australias high purity nuggets. Looking at the current spot gold price if it was pure gold with no inclusions then spot price would be a little over $2400 aud, but again they are nuggets in there so would generally expect a premium over that. As for how much the premium should be, thats like asking how much art is worth, it's largely in the eye of the beholder.

Nup.
Unless there are any of significant weight or asthetic value, they all go in the furnace. No premiums paid.
You dont get spot price at all for raw gold. You get the 'unallocated' price, as the gold has not been assayed.
Generally you would get a percentage off that price depending on the location of where the Gold came from.
Our parcels from The Palmer lose 3% for purity, other places like Western creek etc can lose 10%.
We then lose another 3% which is the buyers fee.
So for Pamler gold we lose 6%.
I used to make more money selling individual nuggets on Ebay, but its time consuming and awkward to keep track of.
Especially if you have 20 or 30 ounces at a time to get rid of.

I get where your coming from, selling to smelt is of course going to drop the price, but smaller lots like this are probably best being sold on eBay or similar. Any nuggets over a gram generally gain some premium over spot on eBay and of course the bigger the nuggets the bigger the premium.
It's clearly not worth the bother most of the time for a larger producer, but it is worth it if you just want to sell a few Lucky finds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts