Miners Moss at bunnings $20 pm

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Found this at the local bunnings.
About 10-12 mm thick 900mm wide off the roll. The Blue on special was $20pm the grey $40pm regular price.
Open back moss might be worth a try. Just putting it out there !

If anyone can't find it I would be happy to help as they had a lot left on the roll.

1462861494_img_4869_600x800.jpg

I use it....and it works a treat!
Real heavy duty...hasnt faded even after a year keeps its shape.
Easy to rinse out when cleaning out.

Hey GG

Our local B usually only has the really heavy grey stuff.

Must ask them and see if I can get the blue version, I kinda think that the grey is a bit too heavy for the Slushie (rocker box)

See how I go, but I might take you up on your kind offer.

Cheers

Bazz

Hi Bazz,

It seemed about the same as grey matting.
When I get back there I will take some pics of both to compare.

Seems yobskin ( post above) is happy if this is the same stuff.

Happy to get some and send if it's the right matting.

Cheers

Bazz said:
Hey GG

Must ask them and see if I can get the blue version, I kinda think that the grey is a bit too heavy for the Slushie (rocker box)

Cheers

Bazz
I dont know how i missed it just watched your slushie vid.
You went all out mate...hows it going after a bit of use?
Like the pivot pins?
Do you like useing it still...im still madly in love with mine.

Tried Ballarat Bunnings - no joy. They do have the rubber backed miss type doormats but no moss.
Talking to the guy he said they used to stock it but no longer

Mollongghip said:
Tried Ballarat Bunnings - no joy. They do have the rubber backed miss type doormats but no moss.
Talking to the guy he said they used to stock it but no longer

It has been reduced at my local in blue color, maybe to run it out. The roll is 900mm wide.
Let me know if you want some ?

Cheers

They have the blue at $39.90 marked down from $44.30 on clearance at Thomastown Bunnings. Might have to wait but keep on looking until they decide to drop it further. Ken.

yobskin said:
Bazz said:
Hey GG

Cheers

Bazz
I dont know how i missed it just watched your slushie vid.
You went all out mate...hows it going after a bit of use?
Like the pivot pins?
Do you like useing it still...im still madly in love with mine.

Hey Yobs

Thanks for the kind words

Yep, I love it so much, it's fun to use and although the mother lode still eludes me, what the hell!!! I'm in heaven just using it....

The first big test, was a disaster! I broke it in half, so I'm hoping to get out with Limpalot very soon, and find that mother lode

Now that it's been beefed up it's obvious that I will have to learn to weld, it would make things a lot easier.

Talk to you soon about all things Rockin'

Cheers

Bazz

Ramjet said:
They also stock door mats made from a similar product but it has a base base which the gold cannot penetrate. Some use these mats. They can be bought at some of the cheaper shops like The Reject shop.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/214/1462881582_mat.jpg

That one's a Bunnings mat, close to $30, it works good though. Bunnings also have a cheaper version, about $15 I think, the weave was tighter & it had a firmer feel to it. The Reject shop mat is soft like the one pictured but a tighter weave, got one of them as well but haven't tried it yet, but being a tighter weave it might be better for smaller gold.
Mat on left is from Reject shop, mat on right is Bunnings mat in posted pic.

Goldengoose do you have a part number for the matting? I'll see if I can get some ordered in to Canberra.
Thanks, Jon.

It's a tighter weave than the miners moss and glogs up really quickly..Try and get the one that's a looser weave... :Y: