Today I MADE

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stolen from wikipedia for the 'flux' reference :Y:

Due to the symmetry of a toroid, little magnetic flux escapes from the core (leakage flux). Thus a toroidal inductor/transformer, radiates less electromagnetic interference (EMI) to adjacent circuits and is an ideal choice for highly concentrated environments.[3] Manufacturers have adopted toroidal coils in recent years to comply with increasingly strict international standards limiting the amount of electromagnetic field consumer electronics can produce.

WhiteyCQ said:
BrisJoe you just need to develop something to that will carry you up the 100 steps now ?. I work in a CQ coal mine as a dragline operater

Lol, I don't think the mines would pay for that with the cost it would be, let alone the maintenance costs dealing with all the bulldust, if only you guts would turn on your boom sprays from time to time :playful:

Hook us up to get on dragline crew, I want to get off the tools within the next 5yrs before my back fully craps out

Muk said:
Knocked these up this arvo came out ok I reckon cheers Muk.https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/7785/1540548609_5737f3b0-6c4e-4da4-aa32-b58813f5a356.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...8610_f8effd1a-c09f-43d6-94c7-7ed4881f7a59.jpg

Nice, got pictures of the ram head?

1541202238_rps20181103_103859.jpg

Assembled a few bits and pieces from the op shop and some tumbled stones into a coffee table. No measuring, cutting or skill involved which is lucky cos I'm definitely the measure once, cut twice type!

Ahhh can crusher, you sit the can on the ground, then rest the handle next to the can with the metal bit directly on top of the can, then stomp.

Got it??

Occasional_panner said:
Ahhh can crusher, you sit the can on the ground, then rest the handle next to the can with the metal bit directly on top of the can, then stomp.

Got it??

You got it buddy :p

Patrick1 said:
It's Hermann's story. He only asked me too post the photos.

Excuses excuses mate, no need to be ashamed about drinking not so great northern beers.....oh yeah, you should be bahahaha! :playful:

I've never encountered so many guys who are gourmet chefs, as on this forum!
Some of the things you make are awesome! Including the cooking stoves! Very impressive, guys! :perfect:

Thank you Patrick for posting the photos of my pick. Over the years I was digging quite a few deep holes, and very often I couldn't swing the pick any more unless I was widening the hole, and then you have a massive crater and that is extra hard work. Very often I'm a long way from the car when I have to get the heavy crowbar. That's when I came up with the idea with the little chisel attached to the top of my pick, The little chisel I carry in my back-pack and it's very quick to attach it to the pick handle. A while ago I was in Claremont and a guy from Brisbane was inviting me to a patch that he found the day before, (good bloke), I was watching him dig a hole on his hands and knees and he could not swing his pick any more, very quickly I attached my little chisel to my pick handle and handed it to him. He poked around for a little bit and then out popped a 40gr nugget. He reckoned it was a great idea and wanted to do the same to his pick. Last Monday I was also digging a hole, 50cm down, then I had to use my little invention, unfortunately the wooden handle split where the 2 bolts go through the timber, so either the timber was not too good or I was putting too much pressure on the thing. I'm working on a better way to attach the chisel to the wooden handle. Cheers, Hermann.

Hermann,
How about a metal ring, as a sleeve, weld chisel to that, and 2 bolts to tighten up against the wooden handle, if you know what I mean?
Saves drilling holes in handle and weakening the handle.