NSW Highbanking - what is the current state of play?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RockRat said:
MegsyB007 said:
Goldfreak said:
Speaking of rain water tanks. I hear in New Zealand they get charged a fee for catching their rain water ?

A friend of mine here in Victoria was too (outer Melbourne suburb).

fact check;

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2007-01-14/water-tank-tax-reports-wrong.../2171898
Interesting reading, must be the annual inspection fee as far as NZ. I dont know about victoria but the fact check article you sight is 11yrs old ( 2007 )

In NSW, if you're putting in a new dam on your property, there is legislation that needs to be followed if you don't want to cop a bluey - or worse.

There is a formula that determines, by law, that the Farmer can only harvest 10% of annual rainfall, so the size of your dam is determined by the size of your property and the local isohyet (predictable annual rainfall for the area).

It's still a free country they keep telling us. :argh:

So what happened with the Station in FNQ I think that 500,000 mega litres may have exceeded the limit just a tad.

OldGT said:
mudgee hunter said:
The DPI mate. Out of control!
Australians where considered an industrious bunch. Hamstrung at every corner now
Couldn't have said it better.
And its everywhere. You're free to do whatever you please as long as it doesn't contravene any rule, law, legislation, signage, ohs procedure, discrimintes against or racially vilifies another, impedes on someone else's rights or freedom, and earn it in a legal manner, and be recorded whilst doing it. But you're free to do whatever you like. Honest.
*Sighs*. It's out of control.

Making it bloody hard to be a human with humanity, I don't blame society for wanting to rebel or be selfish whilst being herded like livestock. So I would never look at anyone high banking and declare them "criminals". Its just nuts.

Rant over.
Yep you're free to do as ya told O:)

Has been going on for years, the massive catchment areas that have been slowed/damned in QLD impeding river flows into NSW and beyond. Just google it.

Oh, yeah.... criminal. That's probably why we need a fed water board instead of state. Just so wrong. And done in a corrupt way as well!

Not sure where you are going with this mate?

1551578490_bait.jpg

That bloke in Orange has been doing it for ages, who knows how much he hires it out. Hes actually been doing it longer than the ads listed date.
I spoke to him a few years ago about his pump before deciding on a mini pump or a full size one for myself.

I would think the amount of pontoon dredges/Venturi nozzles available on eBay and Gumtree would raise an eyebrow before a walbanker clone and a 1 inch pump would.

CWPS at Mudgee still sells highbankers, long drive from Victoria to pick one up at the shopfront lol.

i sent him this

are you aware that highbankers are illegal in NSW just in case you didnt know

his reply to me

Yes I was but thankyou anyway.
Lucky for you there are lots of people selling them online. This will keep you out of trouble? Your gunna be a busy man advising everybody of the legislative requirements regarding the use of high bankers.
Keep up the great work

my reply

no just skipping through and saw the add and wasent sure you knew about it some people dont and its not illegal to sell them only to use them the law sucks like that i have one myself and cant wait to be able to use it again stupid law made by stupid people no offence to you

(hot day stuck indoors bored)

Latest posts