Crevicing

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a thought - and I know there is no such thing as an original thought - but how easy do you think it might be to rig up an old washing machine water pump and hand operate it using a crank handle; maybe a pully system to get the speed right and then set up the pipes to work as a hand operated mini dredge?

Then could also set up an old bicycle to peddle it - may be able to operate for a longer period.

Clearly though would require one person to crank the pump and another to probe the crevice.

Presumably this would pass the regulations and may be a little easier to work if any volume is required - or maybe just scale the whole thing down for even the small crevices.

What do you think?

My friend suggested something similar 19.3. A plastic 44 gallon drum with a hand pump attached to it. I said it might be a tad awkward to get it down to the river if it's a fair walking distance, but if you can park close by, it would probably not breach the regs if it's hand pumped.

Tathradj?

Loose the old gaskit for a thong gaskit. I get a nice finish on the circumference using a belt linisher. Belt sander will do the same.

Latest posts