Update on the New, Compact Crusher

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen this crusher in action and I can tell you now its crushers rock good but unless you expect to find gold in just any odd rock you pick up and crush then your kicking yourself you can't expect to find gold in every single rock you pick up off the ground it just dose not happen that easy

if your like me and know what your looking for and the geology looks right then you will enjoy Ryan's crusher quite well and if panned correctly you should find sh.t loads of gold not just any gold but reef gold witch can be much richer than finding gold flakes in the creeks and as for the crusher breaking down or not working simple check the bolts if they are lose and tighten them its a bit like running a car if you don't maintain it won't run/work ??

we have tested Ryan's crusher on some of the hardest rock out on the gold fields and still performs well you do however have to change the wear hammers inside but its like when you have to change a spark plug in your car not a big issue

its up to you to repair minor things that may come lose or wear out like I said its a bit like a car
and as for not finding any gold and being disappointed not finding gold well your simply looking in the wrong place or don't really know what types of structures and geology/quartz reefs contain gold

Hi all
I'm sure you've been waiting for my response. Well here it is.
After recently been publicly shamed without the opportunity to carry out due process, and having what I believe to be a relative small trouble shooting issue which should have been resolve privately. I am revealing the full story here.
The following is the conversations that took place in my private message inbox. I have change the names and personal details to protect the individual's rights and feelings.
I feel that because the issues was so carelessly made public then they won't object to me posting the accurate version of the story.
Please note that the comments in bold is my commentary and some assumptions have been made.
However I have not added to or omitted to any of the exchange dialog that was in PM.

04 October 2015 12:38 am
Hi Ryan,
I am interested in purchasing one of your set ups. Would you be able to provide me with with the cost including postage to ######## ### ####, and methods of payment/payment details.
Much appreciated,
Regards,
Old Mate

05 October 2015 10:16 am
Hi Old Mate
I'm not sure what you mean by one of my setups. I have a shipping container full of different set ups for different ore.
What are you after exactly?
Cheers Ryan

05 October 2015 05:40 pm
Hi Ryan,
Sorry, I was not aware that you manufactured so many different types of crushers.
I'm after the compact 'grinder crusher/pulveriser'? https://www.prospectingaustralia.com d=7775&p=1
Just out of curiosity, do you have a site with your other set ups?
Thanks,
Old Mate

05 October 2015 06:57 pm
The Compact Crusher is the only crusher I Manufacture. I generally manufacture for dealers though. You can visit my website #######.com.au
There are some other mining related products on there. However I don't always have available stock.
Coiltek Maryborough have a couple of crushers in stock.
I don't have any assembled at the moment, however I will be passing by coiltek in a week or so.
The price would be $395 plus postage of $70
Let me know if you would like to buy one ?
Cheers Ryan

The Retail price for the sampling crusher is $595. Not including postage and handling.
Here the customer received a $200 discount.

06 October 2015 06:29 pm
Hi Ryan,
I am keen to get one. Should be able to pay for it next Wednesday. Just let me know the best method of payment and I'll fix you up.
Cheers,
Old Mate

No mention of any problems with postage and handling costs here ? Customer seems to happy to pay Australia Post for their service.

07 October 2015 06:46 pm
Hi Old Mate
No problems, Wednesday is fine I will be picking a unit up from Coiltek this weekend and I will talk with you later next week.
I will be out in the bush for about a week chasing some yellow.
Talk soon.
Cheers Ryan

07 October 2015 09:45 pm
Cheers Ryan,
Good luck bud.
Talk soon,
Old Mate

14 October 2015 10:07 pm
Hi Old Mate,
With the Crusher I am taking $25 off the price I quoted you ($465 inc postage). As the crusher is ex-display stock. So the price is now $440
If you're happy to go ahead, could you send me your name and address details. And I will also send you through my bank account details.
Cheers Ryan

After inspecting the sampling crusher at Coiltek, sent the above message to the customer to inform them that some visual imperfections were apparent.

14 October 2015 10:40 pm
Hi Ryan,
Yep, No worries.
Was it just a display? Or has it been used in trials showing customers?
######## ##########
### ##### ###### ##
############
NSW ####
Thanks,
Looking forward to testing out various samples,
Old Mate

14 October 2015 11:04 pm
does it come with any type of warranty?

15 October 2015 10:54 am
The grinder comes with a 3 yr or 6 yr warranty. The crusher unit however is very hard to warranty. The reason is that it is a sampling unit and a lot of people who have purchased the compact crusher use it as a primary crusher
The unit was on display and to my knowledge was not a demo.

15 October 2015 11:42 am
No worries. What is your preferred method of payment? Do you have Paypal?

15 October 2015 12:09 pm
Hi Old Mate
My PayPal account is
############@######.com.au

15 October 2015 12:22 pm
Hi Ryan,
Just put the money through. Looking forward to sampling some rocks!!!
Cheers,
Old Mate

Old Mate did say in his scathing review that he only crushed soft sedimentary rock that he could virtually crush in his hand........hmmm

15 October 2015 12:40 pm
Thanks Old Mate
Will be packaging one up for you tonight !
Cheers Ryan

21 October 2015 11:29 am
Hi Ryan,
Received the crusher today, cheers.
Ran some light sedimentary rock through it and noticed it smoked a bit from the crusher not the grinder itself. When I panned it out I found some slag in the pan. I've done 3 pans now and the slag is reducing with each pan. I just wanted to ask if this is normal, I imagine it would be but I thought I would ask anyway.
Thanks again,
Old Mate

This is 100% normal. Notice how the customer mentions " I've done three pans now.... " hmmm.

21 October 2015 04:57 pm
There's a bit of friction going on inside the crusher Old Mate. The smoke will be burning metal, like the smell of grinding steel.
This is normally bedding in. It will reduce until the wear in stage is complete.

This is normal with every start up. The reason for this is when I designed the unit the tolerance was very tight. I was looking to achieve maximum hammer efficiency.

21 October 2015 06:16 pm
Yeah, nah. Not exactly pleased with the unit. Just put a bit more through and it started wobbling, more than it should. The bracket attaching it to the grinder is bent. Dunno if it was bent when I got it, it does explain why the grip would not stay tight after putting a bit through. Even so, two and a half pans of light sedimentary rock should not bend it. Because the bracket is not straight the bearing isn't seated properly. Hence the wobbling.
Anyway I know I've got Buckly's of getting a refund or a replacement. But to say I'm disappointed about spending over $400 on a crusher that couldn't handle the softest of rocks after literally three handfuls is an understatement.

OK ! Let's all pay very close attention to this post. In fact read this post at least twice and tell me what's going on here?
Alright this is what I see, and remember it is only my opinion.
1. Wobble........ Time to check all bolts and components, that's right you're playing with big boys toys now and hard rock and machinery don't always agree. They require maintenance.
2. Bracket at back is bent and you don't know if it was bent when you unpackaged it ? Did you get to know your new piece of equipment or did you just plug it in and go to town ?
3. You go on to say after two and a half pans of light sedimentary rock.... So is that two and a half pans with no checking of basic maintenance on your sampling Crusher ?
4. Wait a minute ! Now you go onto say only two to three handfuls ? WT # !
5. Ok so what happened is you crushed your sedimentary material the you panned off your cons and didn't find the ounce of gold, you were certain your sedimentary samples were going to pay for the cost of the crusher. Now after the two and a half pans of ore you crushed things are a bit loose ( like I said in previous posts the crusher will vibrate ALL CRUSHERS DO ! ) and you panic. Then you see a bent bracket and you decide to adjust it. Not realising that, I bent that bracket, to achieve optimum alinement of the grinder and bearing. Yes that's right all grinders are of a different configuration and require a tweek here and there.
6. So you bend the bracket thinking you are going to fix the problem. OH NO ! The Bearing is now out of its seat.
7. Now you realise that your in a spot of bother, so you go for the easiest option and blame the manufacturer. Who happens to be supporting his young family and is currently pulling a couple of massive days on the family farm......

Then you throw a little tantrum.

22 October 2015 04:12 pm
No reply? Interesting. . .

22 October 2015 11:11 pm
No worries bud, we'll do it the other way . . .

At this point your are executing your attack on the forum...

23 October 2015 07:37 am
Hi Old Mate,
I've just got back into town. I have been hay carting on the family farm, had to go flat stick before the rain come through.
I can receive emails however due to poor coverage I cannot send them. Hence the delayed response.
I will have time later to go through your concerns with you over the weekend.
What's with the threats Old Mate. Not necessary !
Talk soon.

23 October 2015 08:05 am
Threats? What threats? I don't think I have ever threatened anyone/thing in my life.
I didn't want to have to resort to commenting publicly to get a response.
Like I said in the comments, I can straighten the bracket and it'll still work.
I'm not happy with the unit, and I let you know about it. You supplied a product that doesn't cut it and you got the cash. There was no receipt and I paid through 'friends/ family' through paypal so I cant go that way about getting any refund or replacement.
Basically, I don't want anyone else to lose money like I have.

Sorry? What did you just say?
You can straighten the bracket and it'll still work!
Wait a minute did you really just do what I think you did. You posted on a public forum the most scathing over exaggerated load of Hog Wash. You defamed me and my products deliberately to cause me financial harm? Are you all there or what?
I'm glad I was able to save what you posted before the moderators cleaned up your filthy remarks. I would have much preferred the comments be left up on the forum though. This way prospectors who are generally fairdinkum about finding payable ore can make an informed decision. Each of your issues can be easily resolved.
And don't pretend to be out there for all the other prospectors on the forum and their best interests. You've been on the forum for how long now and contributed what?
What you have done is stifle innovation that's all!

23 October 2015 08:20 am
I wasn't aware you put your issues on the forum.
I will be responding.

Now please let me remind you that I have at least 5 business days to respond. And I always respond to questions or concerns at the earliest convenience. However you went into a rage after 36 hours. Did I sell you Road side Assist? That is one and a half days. And one of your final and parting remarks was " I can straighten the bracket and it'll still work ".
(I'm glad you worked that out!)
Oh but wait there's more! After the moderator cleans up the mess you posted, you go on to say....

23 October 2015 09:33 pm
You got what you wanted. . . So did I . . . You may have cost me $460, but I think my posts would have cost you more.
Like (fellow member) said bad news travels real quick . . .

First of all, it cost you $370 plus postage and handling. Total $440. Stop with the inaccurate info. Enough already!

So you deliberately went out of you way to cause me and my family financial harm by defaming me on a public forum and then you private message me the above !
Your right Old Mate, bad news travels real quick.....
I agree with you. You have cost me more! ALOT MORE !!!
In fact, I suppose my Accountant and my solicitor could help me work that out.

Yesterday 06:45 am
Yeah buddy,
You killed me !

THE END

Now, I will still rectify your problem to the best of my ability. In fact Over the weekend i put together a new rotor that should reduce the vibration. I will post it up to you with 2 replacement bearings and housings along with a spare bracket. A local welder will glue it on for no more than a couple of bucks, or free if you ask nicely. Should you still believe it requires a new bracket.(disclaimer : Behave and Be Nice)
I Will also throw in some free spare parts. (Disclaimer : Behave and Be Nice)

I suggest you don't give up on sampling. The next piece of ore could have that pay cheque.
I will also post out the new and improved hammer rotor to All that have purchased the Crusher off me in the past. You will have to cover postage. I will cover the upgrade.
Simply PM me and please allow me more than 36 hours to manufacture them. There are a number to do.

PS remember there is freedom of speech in this country. Except if speech is used as a weapon to cause harm.

PSS you catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

I wonder how this post would have gone if an ounce of gold was recovered?

To anyone that is looking to try their hand at hard rock. Do your homework first. Learn what rock actually is likely to contain gold. I still seek out advice on this subject because there are many different types of gold bearing ore.
If you are unsure to make the jump from a Dolly Pot to a crusher. First you should crush out 2 to 3 pans of hard rock with a dolly pot ! The decision will come to you.
Your next option is either build a crusher yourself or ring Jake at Armstrong Industries for a quote including freight. ( I believe he is in W.A. ) they are advertised for $5000 and $6000. There is a smaller model I'm not sure what that unit retails at. However be quick because after he reads this post he may decide to put the price up. Armstrong Industries also do finance options! So don't stress if you don't have the cash on you. You will be able to pay for the unit with the gold.( let me say this these units are built very well ! ( can you believe I did see someone post that the parts wear out. OMG )

Another option is buy a sampling crusher for $595 off my good self. In fact if you are a P.A. Forum member I will sell it to you for wholesale price of $395. These are your options, you are loaded with choices. The other option is do nothing at all and leave that ore for someone else.
By the way the Crushers work fine. They have their idiosyncrasies all machinery and industrial tools do. However in the right capable hands can bring many happy returns. After using the crusher for quite a lot of sampling I am now in the process of building a 5 head stamp crusher (portable). I will keep you all updated on the progress. Time to get serious.

Ryan

its always good to clear the air i think this whole things could/should have been able to be resolved privately.

If i can offer some Advice Ryan i know you've been through this issue a few times, customers who have not seen or used a crusher using chains will not expect slag in their pan. They wont know to check the bearings are seated correctly or that the arm is a little weak for its purpose.

So my advice is this, take 10 minutes to write a one page how to and take some photos to who how it works. A simple page saying check this, then this and when you fire it up expect this and this.
Now you have explained what to expect and you don't set your product up for purchaser regret, in fact you have now added value by educating them and making them more informed about the limitations of the product i.e. don't throw a tonne of ironstone through a sample crusher :)

I know that you make these for prospectors and you expect that most blokes know how to check bearings are seated in a pillow block but i reckon with the amount of prospectors coming into the game you cant afford to assume anything.

my 2 cents cheers GD

Wow!

I cannot believe that the moderators took my posts down which only criticised the shoddy workmanship and total disregard for your customer. Basically, you wouldn't get away with supplying a faulty product in everyday life and you shouldn't get away with it on this forum to other forum members. My posts were to inform other members of the quality of your product so they don't lose they're hard earned cash.

How could you or anyone think that someone that spends close to $500 on a piece of equipment doesn't have some idea about the fundamentals of mineral hardness, rock formation or a general understanding of how to find areas with gold bearing rocks?

Just for some clarification, what gave you the idea I was looking for gold in the rock I crushed? I simply wanted to see how the product performed; which was good for about 3 handfuls, 2-3 seconds a handful= 10 seconds of work before it shat itself, not exactly a $400 unit. Of course I'm not going to run ironstone through something that I have just spent $400 on if I'm not sure of the capabilities of the equipment.

It didn't even have washers on either side of the bracket to prevent loosening. I deadset straightened the bracket with my hand and put some washers on it.

From this pic you can see it was bent where the paint is chipped (what type of business man would supply a customer with a product like this and not expect a negative response?):
1445822194_crusher_bent.jpg

No forum member should be put at risk of losing $460 to another forum member who is advertising goods through the forum and not be able to let the others know. That is what makes this great little community work so well; honesty, sharing information and being able to discuss topics.
Removing my post is fundamentally putting other members at risk of being supplied poor quality goods with no chance of reimbursement or replacement. It's not my call but people are not aloud to do business like that in the real world and they should not be able to do business like that on this awesome forum.
Cheers,

Congratulations on your massive post, must have taken quite a while to put that together

G0lddigg@ said:
its always good to clear the air i think this whole things could/should have been able to be resolved privately.

I'm not sure why the original post was removed and Ryan's rant remains. I don't think Ryan's done himself any favours here so perhaps it should stay.

Based on the private messaging I think the original poster jumped the gun a bit by going public but the responses from Ryan has not been great customer service. Saying things like "I have more important things to occupy my life with" rather than saying something like "send it back and I'll look after you" doesn't do well for future business. Two other times Ryan has said her has more important things to do has been removed by the moderators.

Ryan's rant above is biased, derogatory and very selective and maybe if he put that effort into customer service he might be successful. For example:

"Time to check all bolts and components, that's right you're playing with big boys toys now"

but Ryan's customer said this:

"it does explain why the grip would not stay tight after putting a bit through"

so his customer is maintaining the unit by repeatedly retightening the grip.

"6. So you bend the bracket thinking you are going to fix the problem. OH NO ! The Bearing is now out of its seat."

but his customer said this in his message:

"Because the bracket is not straight the bearing isn't seated properly. Hence the wobbling."

His customer has looked at the issue closely and come to the conclusion the bent bracket is not aligning the unit properly, not that he bent or straightened it.

"You defamed me and my products deliberately to cause me financial harm?"

The customer is obviously very unhappy but this is starting to beat up the legal bullying angle.

"Now please let me remind you that I have at least 5 business days to respond."

Did Ryan advise the customer of his rights under Australian Consumer Law?

"You have cost me more! ALOT MORE !!!
In fact, I suppose my Accountant and my solicitor could help me work that out."

And here it is, the old hide behind the lawyers bullying trick. Ryan get a spine. I don't see why you would need to resort to this practise if your product and customer service were up to standard.

"I will also post out the new and improved hammer rotor to All that have purchased the Crusher off me in the past."

So you are admitting there is an issue with the crusher Ryan?

"So you deliberately went out of you way to cause me and my family financial harm by defaming me on a public forum and then you private message me the above !"

This emotive rubbish is nearly making me puke. If you want to make it in business Ryan I can only suggest you get a handle on your public relations because what I have seen so far sucks. It would have been far simpler to say:

"send it back and I'll look after you"

Jon

hi Jon

I'm afraid i did not see the original post or remove it, I'm sure there was good reason to remove it by the mods team, i assume is was defamatory? or possibly what was said was said in an abusive tone but haven't reviewed the item myself so i really shouldn't comment.

G0lddigg@ it didn't appear defamatory to me just that as post #98 says, it was removed from naming and shaming. I just saw the post as someones bad experience verses a good experience like post #101 depicts . A big lesson here for customer service I think.

Jon

Hi Jon
Your obviously mates.
So I manufacture a crusher so someone can sample their ore, then complain and send the unit back ?
Then I refund them all their money because their ore didn't contain gold. Yeah right, what ever you say Buddy.

Ryan27 said:
Hi Jon
Your obviously mates.

Ryan, you're obviously wrong. I don't know him at all.

"So I manufacture a crusher so someone can sample their ore, then complain and send the unit back ?"

No, you manufacture a crusher so someone can sample their ore and not have to send it back.

"Then I refund them all their money because their ore didn't contain gold."

Have you refunded the customers money? Well done, but I haven't seen you say that anywhere.

The fact the customer hasn't found gold is because the customer has got very little use out of it.

Jon

blisters said:
Ryan27 said:
Hi Jon
Your obviously mates.

"So I manufacture a crusher so someone can sample their ore, then complain and send the unit back ?"

No, you manufacture a crusher so someone can sample their ore and not have to send it back.

"Then I refund them all their money because their ore didn't contain gold."
Jon

now I want to say something say if your a new prospector who buys Ryan's crusher and expects to find lots of gold but has no clue in what rock really contains gold then gets shitty because he crushers up rock from his driveway that's barren ( for an example) he really should be doing more research on what to look for and what types of structures/faults foliation geology actually hosts gold etc. etc. before he even try's to buy a crusher its simple if you don't know what your doing or what your looking for how can you expect to find gold just crushing up any dam rock you see hum ? in my opinion people need to know there geology much much more before going out and buying a crusher and expecting to get sh.t loads of gold from the first hand full of dirt/rock they pick up and put into the crusher ;)

HTY, the issue is not whether the customer found gold with it, that has not been mentioned anywhere by the customer as a reason for return. That idea was placed by Ryan in post #108 and is irrelevant.

The issue is that the crusher is defective, failing after just a few runs.

Jon

Hi Jon, I'm sure the P.A. members are fed up with all the to and fro-ing between you and Ryan. Please keep it off the public forum and communicate via PM'S between yourselves. I don't know if you have a valid complaint with Ryan. Just keep it between yourselves please.
Jaros :/

Sorry,
Topic locked until resolution is achieved.
Ryan, Please Pm me and I will unlock it.

Hi folks, I have been using the crusher for some time now and have put through a fair amount of rock. I had some queries regarding the crusher and the process I use, so have posted a YT vid I made about it, now that the topic is open again.
The sound quality is pretty average and I'm no Cecil B De Mille, but you should get the general gist of my experience with the unit.
Hope it helps anyone who is wondering whether it is right for their purposes. Cheers.

[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/6vJLdVVkdyQ[/video]

https://youtu.be/6vJLdVVkdyQ

Since1981 said:
Hi folks, I have been using the crusher for some time now and have put through a fair amount of rock. I had some queries regarding the crusher and the process I use, so have posted a YT vid I made about it, now that the topic is open again.
The sound quality is pretty average and I'm no Cecil B De Mille, but you should get the general gist of my experience with the unit.
Hope it helps anyone who is wondering whether it is right for their purposes. Cheers.

[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/6vJLdVVkdyQ[/video]

https://youtu.be/6vJLdVVkdyQ

wow I have never seen anyone crush rock in a dolly pot so fast how can you do it that fast ? unbelievably fast dollying there. :p

Ryan you've returned, I had problems with my crusher too. I sent you mail privately but got No response, it seems you just disapeared for a while. Mine fell to pieces burnt my finger tips within seconds of turning it on & has sat in my garage since. when it was run it could only run for 10-20 seconds before making the grinder too hot to hold. I wouldn't recomend your crusher to anyone. I tried to contact you within the first few months of recieving crusher. I waited & waited but you had just disapeared. Yes other were aware of my problems. After the problems I had with your product & lack of response from you for months I did stopped coming on this site for a while myself frustrated. Sellers giving miss leading reports of products or excuses for late or no postage. I wonder if you will respond now & I guess if you do you'll just say bad luck out of warranty now.

As a builder of prospecting gear myself it's very difficult or almost impossible to build the perfect piece of equipment to suit everyone's needs. My hat goes off to guys who build from home and sell via this forum/Facebook or website, it must of been a big step for members here like WalnLiz, Hardyakka and Ryan27 to take the next step to manufacture and sell their products, unfortunately bad 'press' gets around faster than good 'press'.
I'm guessing dave14110 you have exhausted all avenues of contact for Ryan thus bring you to post here, I feel for you mate if your product fell to pieces upon first using it, being a high speed crushing/disintegrating unit the damage could of been a lot worse, physically or mechanically, I hope you can resolve this issue without any members getting narky and going down the path of a hostile thread,
( hate to see anyone cop the banned list)
Cheers, :)

Jaros said:
Hi Jon, I'm sure the P.A. members are fed up with all the to and fro-ing between you and Ryan. Please keep it off the public forum and communicate via PM'S between yourselves. I don't know if you have a valid complaint with Ryan. Just keep it between yourselves please.
Jaros :/
thank god for moderators this has gone too far , , cheers :fire: