Tingha Sands Closed

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tingha sands owners still hold all mineral claims on site FYI . Let the rumours run . Rok rat is pretty close to the mark .

Tim_the_Adventurer said:
any new news? heading to the inverell area later this month

Hi Tim,
I will be up there on the 21st and I'm also keen to know the latest news on Tingha Sands.
If they are closed, we plan to head out along Old Mill Rd to Stannifer to look for jelly beans, etc before moving on to Inverell.
Might bump into you around the Inverell area mate. Keep an eye out for a sky blue Subaru XV -my "Gembaru", and come over and say hello :Y:
Dave.

We stopped at Tingha Sands a couple of days ago.
Big sign on the gate said -

PRIVATE PROPERTY
NO FOSSICKING.

So I guess that's the end of another great fossicking spot.

Hello,

I will be driving through this are in the next ten days. Are there any areas to noodle around at?Its too bad about the mine my kids would have loved to do the belt.

What are jelly beans?

Thanks

CanFam

Hi All, We are the new owners of Tingha Sands since End August 2018. We do not allow fossicking at all. Insurance costs are astronomical for that type of business. I have had hundreds of phone calls and majority are very understanding, but we do not appreciate the attitude of some people when told no fossicking and they constantly question our decision and get angry with us. We standby our decision For NO FOSSICKING. We are concentrating on making the sand business work for us.

Liability insurance has killed so many businesses, so your decision is totally understandable and good luck with the commercial side. Have you looked into liability waivers or are they too complex? I have known a few industries use them, Scuba diving being one, but I'm no lawyer so not sure how 'fool proof' they can be made.

Latest posts