(WA) Western Australia Tengraph information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry if this is a silly question but new to the scene. Is tenagraph only wa, will it work on my phone for Queensland, I have a million more questions but Ill start off slow. Thanks Brad

hi WhiteyCQ, Tengraph is an online system by the WA Dept of Mines (DMIRS) & covers WA
The earlier 'stand-alone' (download) Citrix based version is being phased out & replaced by Tengraph
It has many overlays & really needs a decent screen (laptop/desktop) to view it properly.
It may work on a phone but most people use a laptop. You would have to zoom in a lot to see the detail on a phone.
go here http://www.dmp.wa.gov.au/Minerals/Minerals-223.aspx scroll down & select the TENGRAPH link on the right side of the page

hey Whitey, beware of the 2in1 touchpads with limited storage. Last Jan I bought a Lenovo 32GB with Win10 on it & by mid-year it was unusable.
I only wanted it for net surfing, email etc but it now sits in a draw. Win10 creates large log files that I havent been able to delete because Win10 locks you out of a lot of the system folders.
I then bought a refurbished 15" HP ProBook with a 500GB SSD hard drive (if you know computers) that has Win7 Pro on it, to run Tengraph & everything else.
I bought it thru an eBay site from a guy in the East who refurbishes computers & resells. Its been a great buy at I think I paid about $245.

Thee is a tablet app called W.A.Geology gives you all tenement and ore locations but is only wa based

Hello, hoping for some geology advice

I'm hunting for Bif, usually marked Aci on geology maps - but sometimes it looks like it's marked Ac or Aic? am I reading this wrong?

Aci = Banded iron formation; metamorphosed
Ac = Chert and banded chert; metamorphosed

I am not sure about "Aic"

Thanks, i must admit a lot of the locations gold has been found seem random, as long as it's on the greenstone.
There's no clear rock type it always occurs in and the maps use different colours and symbolisms

Hello everyone,

I am back here since I am planning my year trip in Australia. I talked with some of you few years ago. I would like to look for gold in WA with a metal detector. I am getting the more info before arriving in Australia (arrival in january).

Correct me if I am wrong but you need to have your miner's right to be able to register and then access on TenGraph, is that it ? That is a bit disappointed because that means I need to wait until I arrive in Australia to get the access.

Do you know any way to access it ? Is there any public logins ?

Thank you for answer.
Joffrey

Joffrey, by your mention of using Tengraph, Im assuming you are heading to Western Australia (Tengraph is the WA Mines Dept online system). I don't think there is a 'public login', as you must create a personal online account to login to Tengraph.
1st note, you probably wont enjoy trying to prospect in WA in January. That is the height of summer here, & only hardened, seasoned prospectors (or some nutters :playful: ) venture out into the arid gold fields at that time of year.
this is a link to the Dept of Mines website (Dept of Mines & Petroleum = DMP)
http://www.dmp.wa.gov.au/Utilities/Contact-us-8319.aspx

"Obtaining a Miners Right"
A Miners Right can be obtained for a fee of AU$26.50 at the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety (DMIRS), Mineral House, 100 Plain Street, East Perth, or at any Mining Registrars office, upon presentation of proof of identity. Please note that a Miners Rights cannot be obtained at the DMIRS Core Libraries. An application form is available within the attached Miners Right pamphlet.
go to this link to register & login to Tengraph. hit the 'Access Tengraph Web' link in the brown box
http://www.dmp.wa.gov.au/Tengraph_online.aspx

maybe start here by emailing them to get more information on requirements, or if you even can get a Miners right & access before you arrive in Australia. You may have to wait until you arrive.
email address : [email protected]
Have a good read through the website. there is a lot of info there about your obligations, what you can & cant do, & what permits you need. You must research this first, to make sure you can legally go where you plan to go.
http://www.dmp.wa.gov.au/Minerals/Prospectors-fossickers-1525.aspx
Read up on safety & survival here on PA Forum : https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=97
don't take this advice lightly, & be well equipped & prepared.
best wishes & good luck, but think of your SAFETY FIRST

DED

Thanks for your info !

I registered on TenGraph and got my usernames and password but I can't get on TenGraph Web nor Online (it is like it can acces to the site). I guess it is for I have a MacBook. I check a previous topic on the forum but it doesnt help. Anything new to help ?

If I understand it well, I need TenGraph to know if I can detect on a land. Is there any other website / app ? That can be use on mac ?

Yes Ded Driver ! I am not planning on going straight when I arrive in Australia. First I will visit, chill, and look for a lovely farm to work on for some weeks.
Actually I am planning on going detecting in Kalgoorlie either in April/may or September/October (between those two periods it seems to be to cold. Am I right ?)
And may be in Pilbara / Nullagine in June/August

Yes I will take care of keeping legal prospecting don't worry. The 150 000$ of penalty are a good motivation :argh:

I tried with my girlfriend computer (PC) I can access and get to TENGRAPH WEB PUBLIC but a pop-up keep appearing saying Access Denied - the curent user cannot access the desired ressource.

I think I did not ask for the right ressources when I registered...

You need to use a PC and access Tengraphweb with Internet Explorer only, do not try with any other browser. You also have to have silverlight installed.

Latest posts