7000 battery 3030 battery

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Can u use 7000 battery in 3030 and vise versa i realise 3030 is smaller in capacity can u do it to get yourself out of trouble ??

Yes you can use the CTX li-ion battery in the GPZ with about half the running time.
The GPZ battery also works in the CTX & should roughly double your CTX running time.

The CTX AA alkaline battery pack won't work in the GPZ though. Need one of the li-ion packs to power the beast.

Hi Flatlander,
My CTX3030 is powered almost exclusively from a 7000 battery, I run two of them; also the larger battery helps balance the large 17x13 coil on the 3030. When detecting in and around water, I use the 3030 battery as it has a water proof seal, not sure if the 7000 battery has a similar seal.
Cheers, SinHof.

SinHof said:
Hi Flatlander,
My CTX3030 is powered almost exclusively from a 7000 battery, I run two of them; also the larger battery helps balance the large 17x13 coil on the 3030. When detecting in and around water, I use the 3030 battery as it has a water proof seal, not sure if the 7000 battery has a similar seal.
Cheers, SinHof.
does it alter the balance noticeably ?

Hi CTX kid,
Yes, I think it helps the overall balance to some degree, just how much it's hard to put a number on, more a felt type of situation. At any rate I have no trouble swinging the 3030 with the big coil and the 7000 battery for long periods, it's a great combination and keeps the body fit for time spent on the gold fields swinging the 7000.
Cheers, SinHof.

I'm only new to the 3030 i just pick up other day from coil tec marybough so being a garrett man for last 30 yrs 2500,1500 etc,it all new, and thats what i like about this hobby so thanks for your tips

Flatlander said:
I'm only new to the 3030 i just pick up other day from coil tec marybough so being a garrett man for last 30 yrs 2500,1500 etc,it all new, and thats what i like about this hobby so thanks for your tips
welcome to a whole new world of finds :cool:

practice and learn the machine , learn the tones :power:

i do all my detecting in factory coin mode ;) i see no reason to change what the factory gave me , and we have done very well ;) :cool:

if it rings the bell in coin mode , it's probably worth digging up :clap: :clap: , other than aluminum that is :awful: 8.( :playful: :playful: but you'll learn how to deal with that :cool:

dig every target (in the tidiest possible manner)and learn what it tells you :perfect:

ctxkid said:
Flatlander said:
welcome to a whole new world of finds :cool:

practice and learn the machine , learn the tones :power:

i do all my detecting in factory coin mode ;) i see no reason to change what the factory gave me , and we have done very well ;) :cool:

if it rings the bell in coin mode , it's probably worth digging up :clap: :clap: , other than aluminum that is :awful: 8.( :playful: :playful: but you'll learn how to deal with that :cool:

dig every target (in the tidiest possible manner)and learn what it tells you :perfect:
gooday Kid , I agree with dig every target , never know what you will find , perhaps a coin hoard :)

Latest posts