Show us your camp set-up

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Simplicity
1539773574_20181015_191855_crop_805x490.jpg

1539773654_20181015_192207_crop_874x423.jpg

Manpa said:
Been a while since Ma and I have been able to get away, spending 10 days south of Adelaide, weather not the best but a relaxing few days is being had. Just a shot of our set up.https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/11747/1539743746_image.jpg

Where is that mate?

Shoot me a PM as I am always looking for a new place for the family (tribe/netball team) to get away.
Spent some time down at Rapid bay 1st week school holidays - 4 nights - good stuff
and heading off this weekend with one of the girls to do some crab raking, quick over nighter. ;)

1543034001_img_20181031_094042-600x1067.jpg

1543034025_img_20181031_093946-480x853.jpg

1543034045_img_20171122_151204_2-800x450.jpg

I have all most finished doing her up,

I am bringing her back home some time this week,

As I did not have enough room at place,

But have sold my trailer,

So where trailer was, caravan is going to go,

Making the space wider over the weekend, so she will fit in,

Only got to move some rocks and some plants,

Rebuild the garden bed,

Goody :)

goody2shoes said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...1/1543034001_img_20181031_094042-600x1067.jpg

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...31/1543034025_img_20181031_093946-480x853.jpg

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co.../1543034045_img_20171122_151204_2-800x450.jpg

Rebuild the garden bed,

Just shows, big ain't always better :Y: :Y:

Very nice Miss Goody.

I have a Supreme Getaway which is basically a heavy duty off road version with an almost identical internal layout.

goody2shoes said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...1/1543034001_img_20181031_094042-600x1067.jpg

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...31/1543034025_img_20181031_093946-480x853.jpg

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co.../1543034045_img_20171122_151204_2-800x450.jpg

Rebuild the garden bed,

I really want to buy one like that, The size is just about perfect, Thanks for posting it.

RR.

LoneWolf said:
Your not wrong RR... How you Feeling ? :flowers:

LW...

Not bad Mate, Thanks for Asking, been better, The Doctors have banned me from Detecting for a Year, 9 months to Go, So I am just sorting out all the camping Gear, Seeing things like Goody's little Van helps keep me focussed, I am buying all the bits to go in there first coz they banned me from lifting stuff, Trouble is I got boxes of stuff taking over the house, Lol

Everyday seems like Christmas when the Postie turns up :playful: :inlove: :Y:

goody2shoes said:
that is what my friend says to me all the time RR

Everyday seems like Christmas when the Postie turns up,

I know the posties by his first name now, But I do give him a good work out, Bless him :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well I want the same Camper as you have I saw one but it was a bit too big to get in to cramped areas so I let that one go, But I have been working out how to make maximum use of fridge space In the ARB, And I worked out that if you use them Take A Way food containers I could freeze enough food for about 41/43 days and they stack single meal size dinners way better than using them Tuppaware containers, That leaves the Camper fridge free to carry everyday type Food etc, Space being a premium.

Have you had a chance to use your camper yet, coz I was wondering if there was a temperature difference/Drop if you have the roof raised or not, I think the Layout you have is about as good as it gets where you can be set up in minutes ?,

RR

goody2shoes said:

Rebuild the garden bed,

You'll have to hook that little baby up and chug on down to a Vic meet up when we get the banjo and violin fired up for a shindig :Y: you won't regret it :) there good fun Goody.

The temperature does drop a bit,

It only takes me by myself around 2 minutes to pop the top on her,

In bed sleeping while others are still setting up,

I use to camp on the ground but it's getting hard to get up with the way my back is,

I put solar on it, battery was a killer price,

Run 12 volt in her, so can use lights and recharge battery, run the TV that I got for it, still has plastic on it , had to make a plate for it tho,

New wiring for the 12 volt

The antenna has a remote control on it, plus that would not fit my connection, had to buy a connection that went through the wall of the van,

Plus the 12 volt will run my 12 volt fans that I got off eBay, got two, one for each end, try and keep cool while sleeping,

Put a table on the outside of her,

Has under bed storage, spare wheel is under there, but would like to put it under the caravan so it will free up space in side,

More storage under the seats, lots of storage space,

The fridge runs on gas, I have tried it, it gets very cold,

Plus the stove and grill runs on gas, but I am not going to use it, because I have a small cooker that I like to use,

It leaves more gas for the fridge,

I don't carry much water, I try and get water along the way, but I would not over fill it,

I know water is very important, but when I traveled around Australia last year, I had no problem getting water, of course if I was going of the grid I would fill her up,

Hope that helps you RR,

goody2shoes said:
The temperature does drop a bit,

It only takes me by myself around 2 minutes to pop the top on her,

In bed sleeping while others are still setting up,

I use to camp on the ground but it's getting hard to get up with the way my back is,

I put solar on it, battery was a killer price,

Run 12 volt in her, so can use lights and recharge battery, run the TV that I got for it, still has plastic on it , had to make a plate for it tho,

New wiring for the 12 volt

The antenna has a remote control on it, plus that would not fit my connection, had to buy a connection that went through the wall of the van,

Plus the 12 volt will run my 12 volt fans that I got off eBay, got two, one for each end, try and keep cool while sleeping,

Put a table on the outside of her,

Has under bed storage, spare wheel is under there, but would like to put it under the caravan so it will free up space in side,

More storage under the seats, lots of storage space,

The fridge runs on gas, I have tried it, it gets very cold,

Plus the stove and grill runs on gas, but I am not going to use it, because I have a small cooker that I like to use,

It leaves more gas for the fridge,

I don't carry much water, I try and get water along the way, but I would not over fill it,

I know water is very important, but when I traveled around Australia last year, I had no problem getting water, of course if I was going of the grid I would fill her up,

Hope that helps you RR,

Cool sounds real Good,

They use to mount the spare on the Draw Bar years ago, saves you having to crawl around in the mud and dust, storing them underneath is ok but for some reason I have never needed to use it until rains and then I get a bit emotional, Lol ]:D

Those rear Bumper carriers are not such a bad thing because they add weight to the rear and reduce the Tongue weight and give you a bit of back end protection,

A 15kg Gas bottle should last a good 3 or 4 weeks, Three way fridges are a bit hungry in 12v, A while back I bought a 35L/33L Dometic cooler and although people don't like em but this one will drop to about 30 below the ambient temp but to help it do it's thing on hot days I added a couple of them Blue Blocks but I also take out my frozen food from the Freezer for that day and put it in the cooler and the thing stays between -1/-2 to 4*c all day but the best thing is it cycles like a proper fridge does, But I also do this at home with the house fridge because it cycles a lot less putting it in there first thing in the morning.

That's a good Idea of using the stove outside, saves heating up the Camper, unless it's winter of coarse, well done Never though of that one :Y:

Do you have any problems keeping the water Tank/s clean as in mould etc ?. and if so how do you keep it clean or clean it. ?

I can not put the spare tyre on the back as that is where the door is,

Water tank stays clean, as long as you try and keep it filled at home,

I empty my water on to the garden at home, and I only keep it around half full when traveling because of the cost of petrol ,

The more weight the more it cost to tow,

Was thinking of getting a fridge and running it of my car, then hook it up to another solar panel when I stop,

When you have packed your van, go back over it, as you will find things that you just don't need to take,

You don't need 60 cans of bake beans,

I always take flour, potatoes, Onion's, as you can make a meal out of that, powder milk, tea, coffee,

I all so have a billyboiler I think that is how you spell it, they are a great bit of gear, cook your dinner in the morning in the boiler and place the whole thing in the thermal cooker, when you get to where you are going you have a hot meal waiting for you in the boiler,

You buy them on eBay,

Latest posts