Makro Gold Kruzer information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can the that constant droning be tuned out or do you have to listen to that all the time while the detector is running?

That is an interesting response the Gold Kruzer gave on that small hot rock, the ID numbers were all over the place from very low to high and in the middle. I'd be digging all those targets which would soon get the better of me unless there's another way to identify them without digging them up. I thought hot hocks gave a low ID numbers and cold rocks gave very high numbers. I was expecting the response on the hot rock to be a null-boing, maybe it did & I just couldn't hear it.

Joe.

Im looking to purchase a hot VLF to chase small gold as a second string detector. The Makro Gold Kruser has been out for a while and I was wondering what in field users thoughts of the machine. In particular what you feel are its strengths and limitations. Have anyone done any comparisons with other VLFs. Im looking to use it in the GT (while we can).

AuTitch

Nenad does not test in very high to extreme ground so I would need some convincing by someone who does before I would buy it.

Whisp said:
Can the that constant droning be tuned out or do you have to listen to that all the time while the detector is running?

The constant "droning" is the threshold. Nearly all gold detectors ever made have a threshold. That is your reference to what the detector coil is picking up.
The tone of the threshold is fully adjustable so you can set it to something which is more pleasing to your ears. You can also adjust the threshold level so it's not too loud - you want to just hear it, not too high and not too low so it starts breaking up.

oldtimerROB said:
Nenad does not test in very high to extreme ground so I would need some convincing by someone who does before I would buy it.

Rob, no one is trying to convince you of anything. And for your information, I test in a range of conditions. I have ground 35 mins from home that would rival some of the hottest ground in Victoria. I also know that a super sensitive high frequency VLF isn't the best choice for extreme ground.

Hi Nenad. Youve probably answered this question before but is the Gold Kruzer susceptible to emi interference? I like the machine very much and have a few areas that I think it will go well. Regards Rick

Hardly affected by EMI. I have used in near electric fences and around high voltage lines and it purrs along. I have even switched it on in the house, with the Gain flat out and it's quite happy. You do have a 5 position frequency shift just in case you do come across something it interferes with.

If the goldfields national park gets voted in at the vic election we can kiss the GT goodbye