Makro gold Kruzer v gold monster 1000

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here is a video made by the Comic Chef of Digger Down Under Adventures, featuring Neil and his Gold Kruzer and Chris Bogusis of Vo-Gus Prospecting with his Gold Monster.

Not really a review of comparison, but interesting none the less. Neil finds a nice bit with the Gold Kruzer, and Chris uses his yabby pump at the end to produce a really nice pan.

The youtube channels for both blokes are always good to watch.

Geeeeez I wish WA had mountains with streams to prospect in.
I wanna give panning a real go one day. When I go for a weekend drive one day & forget to turn around at the border..... :D :goldpan:
Ive had a small crack at it on a farm where a creek runs out of state forest, but didn't find anything

I did not know how close the name of the Youtube channel - Diggers Down Under Adventures - was to your site name (Digger Down Under), Reg, till I saw your comment.

I'm not sure what redress you would have. Maybe talk to them?

Hi all,

Im looking at purchasing a new VLF detector.

I already have a Garrett ATX PI machine that I havent stuck gold with yet.

I have realised I have more chance of finding small subgram gold with a high frequency vfl.

My prospecting area is north west of Coffs Harbour mostly in the creeks and old mine sites.

Appreciate any input anyone has
Cheers Tom :pickshovel:

Great run down of most VLF and PI nugget hunting machines here. https://www.detectorprospector.com/magazine/steves-guides/steve-guide-gold-nugget-detectors/

It is in US dollars so just be aware of that. The Gold Kruzer, the White's 24K and the Gold Monster would probably all do a similar job. Gold Kruzer waterproof and wireless too. Gold Monster super easy to use.

Depending on what else you want to do and your budget an Equinox 800 with the small coil added could do a very similar job on the nuggets and then be very versatile for coins, jewellery, parks, beach, etc.

Cheers, NE.

I own a Gold Kruzer which I have used a couple of times in the Palmer River area. I really like the machine, it's light and easy to use. I have found approx. 15 pieces with it ranging from a spec to close to 1gram. It has a really sweet sound on gold and you can trust the numbers on it when you get your head around using it. It took me a couple of hours but then I felt comfortable with it. The price is reasonable and it works quite well. Cheers

Thanks for the information NE and kemjak,
I really like the idea of cordless headphones especially when digging targets in public areas.

It appears lots of people have the monster but Im thinking the Kruzer can id targets a little better and get a little more depth.

Cheers Tom

Latest posts