dried up creek beds???

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Gday guys. I live down in goulburn. As I was driving out of goulburn today heading out to the bush I noticed
that there is a few old creek beds on the side of the road. and above them is just grazing land.

The creek beds would probly be around 50 metres long.

Been new to prospecting, would these old dried up creek beds contain gold? as they are nowhere near mountains, gorges.
I didnt get out of the car but it just looked really "goldy", You could bassically walk the old creek bed on the side of the road pretty much.
And it definatley was private property. Im just trying to find the "marker" for what makes it a gold bearing old creek just been "on the side of the road"
heading out to the bush on a tarred road.

Cheers.

Mate best idea is to carry a pan and snuffer with you at all times, gold is where you find it. It turns up in some unexpected places. I have pulled gold out of culverts and from eroded runoff from road cuttings (I don't dig the cutting away just grab some of the wash) through ancient river beds with layers of water-worn stones.

Good idea is to get the land owners permission first, best to keep on their good side. River and creek boundaries are a contentious subject, but it pays to ask. Most people will be obliging.

Also worth noting that while creeks are generally waterways, gullys are not and often the only way to tell the difference is to check the applicable maps. What constitutes a waterway is often purely a bureaucratic mater with little regard for real world conditions.

Latest posts