You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

Icarusvonlubey
14 October 2018 06:40 pm

Hi guys,
My first post.
After much research, mainly on this forum, I have decide that a Fisher Gold Bug Pro is the best starter for me and my daughter to start/share with.
It will mainly be used for gold hunting on camping trips (Creswick etc)
My concern/query is battery life on these detectors.

I've read that they have a 15 hour battery life which leads to a couple of questions.
1) Is that enough for a weekend detecting?
2) Is it worth getting a second battery pack?
3) Do you guys recharge whilst out?

Regards

Anthony

HoudiniHarry
14 October 2018 07:23 pm

Recharge when out is the best bet.
Most battery life quotes are significantly less.

Cheers

Having a great time searching for gold....
GPX4500, Equinox 800 and SDC2300

Straya
14 October 2018 10:23 pm

Gold bug pro takes a standard 9v battery
You could get a disposable or rechargeable from any supermarket. Cheep insurance compared to the fuel money etc most of us pay to get to our favorite spot x pickshovel

Goldpick
14 October 2018 10:27 pm

Get a twin pack of decent quality alkaline 9 volt batteries, that should be more than enough for a weekend away on the goldbug. I have the teknetics G2 which is essentially the same detector, and it lasts ages on a single 9 volt, rechargables will tend to drain a lot quicker than say a normal duracell or energizer 9v. Always good insurance to carry a spare 9v for either the detector or pinpointer.

Prospecting gear: Used - Whites GM3, GM2, GMT, ML XT17000, ML X-Terra 305, Garrett Gold Stinger, Tesoro Vaquero, Nokta RS pinpointer, Minelab Explorer SE Pro/Etrac, Ace 250
Current - XP Deus, Makro Racer 2, Fisher F75, Tesoro Tejon, Teknetics G2, Whites SPP, Garrett Infinium, Minelab Go-Find 60, XP MI-6, Minelab Profind, Whites Bullseye TRX, Deteknix X-pointer, Garrett AT Pointer

Maldon Gold Centre
15 October 2018 09:46 am

Icarusvonlubey wrote:

I've read that they have a 15 hour battery life which leads to a couple of questions.
1) Is that enough for a weekend detecting?
2) Is it worth getting a second battery pack?
3) Do you guys recharge whilst out?

The Bunnings Varta batteries, which come in a pack, will give you up to 20 hours on the machine. They're inexpensive and remarkably good for the price.

Maldon Gold Centre - Authorised Sales of Garrett, Nokta, Makro, Fisher, Bounty Hunter, Teknetics & White's.
Maldon Gold Centre - Open Wednesday to Sunday - 54 Main Street Maldon - Ph: 1300 575 707

1 user likes this post: grubstake

Icarusvonlubey
15 October 2018 09:58 pm

Thanks for the replies guys. So a few spare batteries is the go. thumbsup

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site