Gold nuggets with Xterra 705 gold pack

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all, am still learning machine but i was wondering if any forum members have owned a xterra 705 and actually found gold using it. I have been to gt a few times and found lots of slugs and tin but no gold yet I know patience is a virtue but do i stick with xterra or is it better to upgrade. Can anyone give me their thoughts as I really enjoy just getting out with nature whether i find gold or not

trekkie, the xterra is a very basic detector with very limited ability to find gold. It may have been ok a long time ago before the same ground was covered by much more advanced machines. If you can afford to upgrade an SDC2300 or GPX4500 will give you a much better chance. It all depends on how often you can get out there. If you're going to buy a machine that will be housed in a cupboard for most of the year it might not be worth the upgrade but if you are out regularly a good detector can pay for it's self if you can find good ground.

I wouldn't call it a basic detector at all, however its gold prospecting mode is average at best. I have given up with my 705 in the gold fields and now use a gold monster. I still have not found gold but it is not as frustrating to use. I will keep the 705 as it is up there with some the best coin/relic machines.

Has anyone got/used or are using a xterra 705 for gold detecting? Is there any tips or knowledge you can pass on to a new gold prospector using this detector. Thanks

hi only new here I started with a 705 and found it next to useless a very good relic machine but waste of time on the gold fields I spent a lot of time with the 705 it could find every hot rock and mineralised ground just made it imposable I bought a sdc and never looked back

Hey,
Whilst the 705 isn't the best detector you can get, it does find gold as I have with mine.
Sure it probably misses stuff too but if you do your homework and hit the right area to suit that particular detector you can find gold.

Unfortunately only had abt 2hrs, but found a piece just over a gram the other day south of castlemaine.
Will be in that area for 2 days next week so we'll see how we go ?

I found mine was very dependant on the ground if its a bit hot you don't have any chance but even on good ground you have to work pretty hard to find gold like most here a gold monster or sdc or 4500 would be a better choice all depends on budget and you have to remember gold is not easy to find you can have the best detector money can buy and still not find gold a lot have been doing this for years and found nothing :Y:

Hi Trekki,go the 4500 or the SDC2300 and stop mucking around with outdated technology !I sold my Whites GMT after realising I was getting at best 100mm to 125mm depth . Then take 50 mm off for leaf litter ,the odds are not in your favour with the vlf machines . My wife pinged a half grammar at Talbot within 40 minutes of using the 4500,we hadn't even done our training course ,straight out of the box and gold !
All the best Crushed

If your on a budget and cant get a pi machine Id look at the newer vlfs That are about.
Goldmonster 1000, Makro gold cruiser, whites Goldmaster 24k are a few id be interested in.

But also in saying that. I was also on a budget and bought a second hand whites tdi pro. They can take most minelab coils so if I wanted to upgrade later I was already set.
Also, the QED might be worth looking into

I do alright, its good for poking around high emi areas, like under powerlines. Get the odd subgrammer with it that way.

trekkie said:
Thanks guys, all your input is welcomed and thinking of buying gm1000. Anaconda has them on special at $1000
you should see if you can hire one and try it out first or go out with someone who has a gm

1411077670_dsc_0000306.jpg

1411077690_dsc_0000307.jpg

1411077712_dsc_0000308.jpg

1411077734_dsc_0000414.jpg

1411077771_dsc_0000305.jpg

1411077799_dsc_0000419.jpg

GOLD MINE
1411077871_dsc_0000420.jpg

This is my friend and partner in the gold mining

1411077989_pepita_da_tiririca_1._g.jpg

NICE nugget found in another mine
I LOVE THIS!!!! :D :D
good stuff, just bought a 2nd hand terra 705 and trying to set up as best i can. can you share your machine settings please ? might give me a start point.

Latest posts