Doug stone NSW and vic

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm looking for a second hand Doug stone gold atlas for NSW and Victoria let me know if U have either for sale

Duffman said:
Still keen if anyone has any for sale

Here you go - I knew I had one somewhere about the place, just wasn't sure I could put my hands on it easily:

1539331221_2018-10-12_15.56.53.jpg

It's in excellent condition. If you're interested, please email me your phone number and I'll give you a call so we can discuss price and payment.

ctxkid said:
i would save your money and use google for your desired destinations , far cheaper/free and by far more accurate :Y:

Not everyone has google available while travelling through locations.
I bought this book a few weeks back and it's worth every cent IMO and it's already helped me out last trip, accurate enough to find what I was looking for and great to leave in the vehicle for good reference to an area :Y:
Sometimes us older folk find map reading easier than working out the features on geovic and the like, using these maps as a rough guide to an area while you are in that location is worth it especially when some don't have lap top or tablet with them on site.
Technology is great and hard to beat, I use it at home but prefer hard my hard copy maps while in the bush then let my eyes and feet be the judge of what was my moneys worth ;)

ProspectorPete said:
ctxkid said:
i would save your money and use google for your desired destinations , far cheaper/free and by far more accurate :Y:

Not everyone has google available while travelling through locations.
I bought this book a few weeks back and it's worth every cent IMO and it's already helped me out last trip, accurate enough to find what I was looking for and great to leave in the vehicle for good reference to an area :Y:
Sometimes us older folk find map reading easier than working out the features on geovic and the like, using these maps as a rough guide to an area while you are in that location is worth it especially when some don't have lap top or tablet with them on site.
Technology is great and hard to beat, I use it at home but prefer hard my hard copy maps while in the bush then let my eyes and feet be the judge of what was my moneys worth ;)
It seams that the CTX kid has taken his comments down from this tread I was going to ask him of what online maps he uses. Would be keen to see what one can get online for free

Duffman, I agree with ProspectorPete, you can't beat a good paper map even when you have all the electronic aids easily at hand. Unfortunately Doug Stone's maps are not good however they are still good value when it comes to getting you into the general area. He was either drunk, stoned or lost when he put pencil to paper but it was good enough to get us started and the gold we found paid for the book in a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts