military finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just like to show varies military items I have detected over the last couple of years.
Love finding this stuff.
It interests me how the buttons have various designs on them but same wording.

1533383202_20180804_203408_2.jpg

1533383202_20180804_203411.jpg

Nice finds Diggertrev,a Rising Sun is top of my bucket list.You have a great collection of buttons and Australia flashes there,I wish I had a military site to hunt around here.What is the little Rising Sun badge in the middle of the Australia flashes? Also the badge on the left looks like half of an RAAF badge.

Hi Eldorado
Yes, only half a badge :(
The small Rising sun I found last week and am not so sure about it, but I have a feeling that it
maybe was worn on Anzac day as we do now on our shirt to show our gratitude and respects but am not sure.

Eldorado said:
Nice finds Diggertrev,a Rising Sun is top of my bucket list.You have a great collection of buttons and Australia flashes there,I wish I had a military site to hunt around here.What is the little Rising Sun badge in the middle of the Australia flashes? Also the badge on the left looks like half of an RAAF badge.

Nice collection :cool:

Looks like the British Royal Marines Light Infantry badge came to Australia via Gallipoli.

I just had a bit of a look at Rising Sun badges and all 3 of yours are of the 1904 Third pattern,WW1,WW2,and ANZAC.There are seven different patterns.

Latest posts