Went For A Swing.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mackka said:
My first car was an EK and I paid $250 for it. Great car.
Mackka

Ditto, my first car was a EK too, very pale yellow and white, Venetian in the rear, visor on the windscreen. Auto and if I remember correctly it was a hydraglide. Little dearer than yours Mackka, $500. :playful:

My father had an EH,sky blue with the white roof,it was probably 2 or 3 months off becoming my first car when he came home from work to tell me he had pranged it.Write off.I was not happy.Jaros,I don't mind finding the 2c pieces as they haven't been around for so long they are a bit of a novelty for my kids.The first time my little bloke seen one he said" gee they must be really old Dad".

Went back to same site as previous hunt for a swing today.Scored $12.17 in spendables and scored another bucket lister in the form of a token.Smith,Peate & Co Grocers.Very happy with this find.
https://collections.museumvictoria.com.au/items/76157
Mine is not quite as legible as the one in the link.
1537437216_image.jpg

1537437247_image.jpg

1537437806_image.jpg

Just a couple of other little trinkets.

I am holidays for 3weeks so I went to a spot I have had on my radar for a swing.I found $19.02 in spendies and a nice 1961 Florin.Not sure what the brass thing is,it seems to be some sort of measuring device.
The spendies from the last 2 hunts
1537515826_image.jpg

The Florin
1537516471_image.jpg

Markings on brass thingy
1537516415_image.jpg

1537516438_image.jpg

Being on holidays I thought I would go for another swing.I have done more detecting in the last three days than I have in the 9 months since I got the 705.So today's results were about $12 in goldies.Swinging whilst heading back to the car to go and meet my wife for lunch I got a 24-26 I think it was and decided to dig it.Ended up with a hole about 8-10 inches deep and couldn't find the target.Almost gave up on it,looked into the hole and could just see something poking out of the wall of the hole about 7 inches down.OMG is that what I think it is?Couldn't believe my eyes,done a little dance and fist pump.When the target was extracted the excitement level went down a little when I seen it was broken.I didn't break it either as the two little pieces were still in the wall of the hole on the other side.Can't bring myself to throw it out either,even though it is broken.
1538131342_image.jpg

Have just arrived back home from holidays on the Gold Coast.Managed to get a swing in on the beach on the last day there.The beach sweeper was in action when I arrived,so I started detecting where he hadn't swept yet.It took about 20 minutes to get a signal,I actually checked to see if the 705 was working at one stage.First target was a cigarette packet,and about an hour later I had 6 cents and lots of foil and bottle tops in the bag.I tried down on the wet sand but the 705 just kept falsing so gave up on that.Headed up higher on the beach for a last ditch effort before heading home.Got a nice signal and dug up a .925 silver bracelet in an area the sweeper had been.

Walked past this place on the way to the beach and thought it might be a sign I was heading in the right direction.
1539255518_image.jpg

The backdrop for the hunt.
1539255571_image.jpg

The prize.
1539255612_image.jpg

Good to see some chunk silver for your efforts. Makes you wonder what goodies the beach sweeper picks up and where it all goes at the end of the day.

Goldpick said:
Good to see some chunk silver for your efforts. Makes you wonder what goodies the beach sweeper picks up and where it all goes at the end of the day.
It certainly made the day worthwhile Goldpick,the finds were very thin on the ground.6 cents was going to be the total before the bracelet.I was watching the sweeper and it was only taking maybe the top 2-3 inches of sand and seiving it so I thought anything deeper than that would be untouched.I seen the operator stop and check the contents a few times.I would think they would find a treasure or two every now and then.

Yeah thanks guys,I've been pretty lucky lately.Just when you think the hunt is going to be a flop something good turns up.I guess I didn't do too bad considering I realised when I got home that I hadn't ground balanced the Exterra before starting to swing.BTW,the pendant was ringing up at 44-46.

Went back to a park I have detected a few times today.Really getting to know the 705 now and not digging a lot of junk.$9.50 in spendies,a ring with what looks like 3 turtles on it,a victory medal,button and a 1959 silver rams head shilling.
1543835190_image.jpg

Victory medal.
1543835230_image.jpg

And one for CTXkid.
1543835280_image.jpg

I also came across this in the bush this afternoon.Didn't have the detector with me but I will check it out in the future.
1543835383_image.jpg