Finally got a Highbanker

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Finally got my highbanker.. now to find a pump and test it out.

1532316570_20180723_124056_resized.jpg

1532316588_20180723_124115_resized.jpg

Nice Banker mate. Pump options on a wider banker are pretty much 2" or a Honda 1.5" with proline pump housing...GoldRat has this...all cheap china 1.5" pumps don't flow enough water to feed the wider bankers. It might be a good idea also to put some sort of mesh up the top to allow for better washing action...I'm sure you already have a few modifications in mind! :) :Y:
All the best and keep us posted on its first run! :cool:

Legend. Thanks Rusty.. i hadnt thought of the mesh on top.. im new to all this so thanks for the tips. So im guessing a 6059 litre per hour pump wont be suitable?

No worries, its good to be helpful, Iv'e received tons of advice on all sorts of prospecting related stuff here on PA..so just passing it on.
Unfortunetly I don't think 6059 LPH would be enough water flow...if that was the pump maxed out. Better to have a bigger pump with plenty of pressure to bust up clay (Gold loves to stick in clay) that runs at lower rpm thus saving your ears a bit of pain.
The only problem with bigger pumps is moving them. If you don't plan on going way up some creek though, your laughing...providing theres Gold. :D
It's also important that there is enough water flow to ensure a good exchange (heavies come in, lights go out) of materials on your mat.

Rusty_G said:
No worries, its good to be helpful, Iv'e received tons of advice on all sorts of prospecting related stuff here on PA..so just passing it on.
Unfortunetly I don't think 6059 LPH would be enough water flow...if that was the pump maxed out. Better to have a bigger pump with plenty of pressure to bust up clay (Gold loves to stick in clay) that runs at lower rpm thus saving your ears a bit of pain.
The only problem with bigger pumps is moving them. If you don't plan on going way up some creek though, your laughing...providing theres Gold. :D
It's also important that there is enough water flow to ensure a good exchange (heavies come in, lights go out) of materials on your mat.

No worries, most on my work is in running creeks but will look at a bigger pump for more flow. Thanks again mate

In regards to small Chinese pumps on highbankers. Just a question, why dont they make high bankers longer but more narrow to compensate for the low flow 12v bilge pumps ? Must be a reason I dont understand.