You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

Ridge Runner
22 July 2018 02:08 pm

So your one has a 7 digit serial number, Have you bothered to Contact first Texas about the numbers and the packaging etc, You need to contact them ASAP and show them the machine and close up details of the box because they can give ebay a big serve and they carry more clout than you and that will speed things up, then it will get sorted.

Last edited by Ridge Runner (22 July 2018 02:17 pm)

Dig em all,

1 user likes this post: AngerManagement

Hydrocarbon
22 July 2018 02:40 pm

Thanks for your input Ridge Runner
I think the serial is only 6 digits. It also matches the electronic serial displayed when you turn it on.
I have passed on some relevant details to Fisher Labs US email address with my contact details if they would like to take it further.
I am guessing the way EBAY sees it now is that I do not have proof it is counterfeit, which to be fair, at the moment I don't have qualified evidence at this point and the whole issue will go away if I return it and get a refund.

Maldon Gold Centre
26 July 2018 03:49 pm

Hydrocarbon wrote:

Thanks for your input Ridge Runner
I think the serial is only 6 digits. It also matches the electronic serial displayed when you turn it on.
I have passed on some relevant details to Fisher Labs US email address with my contact details if they would like to take it further.
I am guessing the way EBAY sees it now is that I do not have proof it is counterfeit, which to be fair, at the moment I don't have qualified evidence at this point and the whole issue will go away if I return it and get a refund.

The ONLY way to be sure is for the unit to be inspected, some of the copies are quite good.

The best way to be sure you're not getting a counterfeit is to only buy from an authorised dealer. There are so many counterfeit detectors around of most makes that some companies now forbid their sale on eBay and Amazon.

Maldon Gold Centre - Authorised Sales of Garrett, Nokta, Makro, Fisher, Bounty Hunter, Teknetics & White's.
Maldon Gold Centre - Open Wednesday to Sunday - 54 Main Street Maldon - Ph: 1300 575 707

dirkraw
25 September 2018 04:26 pm

Maldon Gold Centre wrote:
1968falconxt wrote:

Thanks heaps for the info guys. I am so glad I did not impulse buy off ebay... I will be looking for a good 2nd hand GB Pro. Failing that, I will buy one from a dealer.

If you're going to buy second hand it would be a good idea to check the serial number before handing over cash. Some of the fakes look identical to the real thing with different electronics inside. You can call us with a serial number and we can confirm whether it's real - takes about 24 hours.

guys I'm about to buy a second hand gold bug pro, anyone could give me theirs opinion is this original or not?

1537853141_screenshot_20180924-213547_ebay_kleinanzeigen.jpg

1537853182_screenshot_20180924-213610_ebay_kleinanzeigen.jpg
1537853183_screenshot_20180924-213527_ebay_kleinanzeigen.jpg

ctxkid
25 September 2018 05:54 pm

my opinion .......

save for a nox power thumbsup

........................................Such is life...............................................
Oldest Copper coin 1799 left seated half penny, Oldest Silver 1834 Shilling

grubstake
25 September 2018 06:16 pm

There are two oddities in the LCD display, that don't correspond with what I've seen in person and online:

1. The battery icon is in an unusual location at top left. It's normally at bottom centre; and
2. The moving target ID 'pointer' at the top of the screen appears to be in three segments rather than a single, solid block.

These two anomalies may just be ongoing manufacturer detail changes (like the logo at the top, which used to just say 'Fisher', not Fisher Research Labs), but they're the sort of detail that fakes typically fail on.

I suggest you follow Maldon Gold Centre's advice and call him to check on the serial number (there should be a sticker showing this in the battery compartment).

1537859538_gold_bug_pro_control_panel_lge.jpg

Where it is, there it is.

1 user likes this post: mbasko

mbasko
25 September 2018 06:43 pm

You could also contact Fisher direct with the serial number & photos:
info@fisherlab.com 
I'm pretty sure there has been some faceplate changes over the years but not sure about the LCD screen?

Everything we use comes from mining or farming.

1 user likes this post: grubstake

Goldpick
25 September 2018 08:18 pm

I think some of the screens were revised on the gold bug when the G2+ and Fisher F19 were released, they had the battery icon relocated to the top of the screen as well as some other minor changes to the screen wording - guess they were all using the same stock screen with a few extra features activated on the F19 & G2+.

Also just watched a you tube clip by Hunter GT (fisher fanatic), and his goldbug also had the battery indicator located at the top of the screen. The conductivity range is usually indicated in segments, just that the stock photo doesn't show it very well.

Stock photo from a well known US seller shows screen changes on the goldbug pro.

https://www.seriousdetecting.com/produc … -and-more/

Prospecting gear: Used - Whites GM3, GM2, GMT, ML XT17000, ML X-Terra 305, Garrett Gold Stinger, Tesoro Vaquero, Nokta RS pinpointer, Minelab Explorer SE Pro/Etrac, Ace 250
Current - XP Deus, Makro Racer 2, Fisher F75, Tesoro Tejon, Teknetics G2, Whites SPP, Garrett Infinium, Minelab Go-Find 60, XP MI-6, Minelab Profind, Whites Bullseye TRX, Deteknix X-pointer, Garrett AT Pointer

2 users like this post: grubstake, mbasko

dirkraw
05 October 2018 08:43 pm

guys thanks a lot for the help I asked the seller about serial code under the lid and is detector original or chinese and he stoped responding so I assume it's fake.

So I decided to order one from amazon in hope that amazon should sell original only.

what do you think I even found one used ( damaged packaging ) so that lower price a bit:

1538732476_screenshot_20181005-113718_chrome_beta.jpg

1538732476_screenshot_20181005-113711_chrome_beta.jpg

Maldon Gold Centre
10 October 2018 11:28 am

dirkraw wrote:

guys thanks a lot for the help I asked the seller about serial code under the lid and is detector original or chinese and he stoped responding so I assume it's fake.

So I decided to order one from amazon in hope that amazon should sell original only.

You're taking a big risk. The RRP for a single coil Gold Bug Pro in Australia is $1,189.00. The combo is $1,395.00.

A detector bought from Amazon might be just as big a risk as eBay depending on the seller. Even if genuine there will be no Australian warranty or after sales support.

Maldon Gold Centre - Authorised Sales of Garrett, Nokta, Makro, Fisher, Bounty Hunter, Teknetics & White's.
Maldon Gold Centre - Open Wednesday to Sunday - 54 Main Street Maldon - Ph: 1300 575 707

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site