Garrett Infinium coils

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
gday guys. i'm heading south to the triangle soon for a couple of weeks with the 2200 and the finny. my finny has been getting noisier each time I go out and I am thinking of getting a new coil for it. I detect around warwick queensland mainly but do head south to Bendigo area often.
I reckon I might buy a new coil for this trip, does anyone have a recommendation on what coil I should get, I think all the noise i'm getting is just the age of my coils and the flogging they get from me being hard on them.
some say go mono and I have no idea as I only use DD.
anyway cheers for the help, and if you know of a good supplier for the coils let me know.
now stop reading this and get out there and find something. :cool:
andy

I got a brand new 3x7 dd in my shed, deadly on small stuff. $100 plus postage if you want it.

DD

How old is your infinium, have you tried running mono coils on it? Just interested, as mine was from early 2000's, and hadn't been upgraded to run mono coils (would blow the main board as early infiniums can only run DDcoils without an upgrade).

I have been recommended the 8" mono for gold, as the 3x7 doesn't get huge depth, although I love it due to the weight factor when beach detecting, plus easy to pinpoint with ($100 is a good buy). I also run the larger mono, but it gets pretty tiring weight wise. I had a large DD, but it has died, continually falsing all the time. I had it checked out out, and it was one of the first batch that were commonly defective, with the later ones revised and improved. If I were to buy a new large DD, I'd get it from the states, as they are dirt cheap, even with postage. Just to message the seller to see if they will sell to Australia (some will). :)

If it is a modified Australian delivered Infinium, modded to suit the mono coils, there should be a sticker on the inside of the battery compartment (can't remember if it is yellow or green). May have been upgraded by the Gold Mining centre.

gday goldpick.
my finnie is an oldie from the states so I am sure it has had no mods. I will probably get a new dd coil for it so I can use it in a few weeks on a trip. I do find the coils heavy but I hip mount to make it better. I reckon I will go the bigger dd coil and the 3 x 7as a little nugget hunter. still hope someone can put me onto a good dealer to get the coil. appreciate your input and will look into an upgrade, although I am considering the atx,, just need to see some more input from users.
thanks mate ;)

pirateandy said:
no worries dd. how do we pm on here so I can get some details and get you some cash.

Can't pm till you got ten posts mate. No rush, it'll still be here.

DD

Hi there, my Infinium was originally purchased from the US in 2011. I bought it from the original purchaser a few weeks ago.

Question. Can anyone tell me if this will work with a mono coil ?

Hi mate, send Carol Pritchard and email at garrett USA.
[carolp AT garrett.com]
Tell her your story and give her the serial number and she will give you a report.
very helpful she is :)

So, tapped out an email to Carol.

Reply stated that she has retired and gave me a list of coils that work with the Infinium. No details about whether my particular model/version would work. Being so relatively new I'm thinking that it probably is compatible.

Andrew

A mate has a garrett Infinium and was thinking of buying a 3x7 dd coil for it to be more sensitive to small shallow gold. Has anyone used the Infinium with this coil? I did read some where on this forum some fellow going out to Tibooburra and getting small gold with his? If anyone uses this coil your thoughts on it would be great. :)

Hi,
I bought 8inc mono coil for Infinium ls, but not sure if the machine supports it.
I read, that early models didnt. How do I check if mine is new enough?
I could not find answer by myself. Maybe this question have been discusse before. If so, can you plese link it.

Thank you
Nero

Attach the coil and try it.

Or.

Send email to Garrett USA with serial number of your Infinium LS and ask if it can use the Mono coils.

I hoped, that it is known knowlage from witch serial they start to support monos.

Nero

As my order for 8'' mono coil was cancelled, I'm looking for solutions. It's darn hard to find Infinium coils in europe.
Question: Are Garrett coils cross usable? I mean if the Infinium and Sea Hunter has same sockets?

Nero

Gidday , Nero220. I bought my Infinium back in july 2014 and bought a mono coil soon after. It does work pretty good. Hope this helps.

JS

Latest posts