You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

Patrice84210
03 October 2018 11:05 pm

Hello
I am french, I would like to know more about australia and be prospector of gold with a metal detector, know you or how to post a message if a person uses a MINELAB GPX 7000 I am told that this is the MUST be this really worth seeing its high cost 9000 €, so I wanted to know how to post this message on the AUSTRALIAN website for me to have answers
and I would like to know that I am looking for help for me to be a prospector in AUSTRALIA have you or know you or go to not really be empty-handed thanks for your answers it will be very valuable.

thank you
Patrice

goldierocks
04 October 2018 10:16 am

TTKooAu wrote:

Blackfellows Creek, which was part of the Willunga goldfields, still shows some colour, but you will need permission. There was also a gold mine almost dead centre of Granite Island back in the day.

Sent you a PM about that Clrendon gold, HBG.

TT

If you mean the Coolanine Mine, it was actually an unsuccessful copper prospect with some lead (although I thought it was at Rosetta Head). Granites of the area are not good for gold.

Robert Benchley...
I have kleptomania, but when it gets bad, I take something for it.

Goldenred33
06 October 2018 07:55 pm

Hey hillbillygold did u get many bits of gold in pans when looking for it ? Or did u only notice it more using sluice? I have been down to Reid Creek into onk lots of nice quartz veins going into water but had no luck in my pan

Hillbillygold
08 October 2018 06:29 pm

I pulled a nice piece ( about 1/2 the size of my little finger nail ) from under a rock in the river just down from where Reid creek runs in to the onk. Try digging behind some of the tree close to the river when the river is at its lowest. If you got up to Reid creek and then continued up around the next bend you would have noticed all the old workings.
Stranger you got no gold , i all ways came away with something. Dont look in the obvious spots try deep under rocks in the river or the tree roots higher up on the banks.
I have mostly panned there. Use a wash bucket to move and classify more dirt. (its easier than carrying a sluice in)

Goldenred33
08 October 2018 09:32 pm

Hi hillbillygold that would have been great to find a piece like that, heaps of nice quartz veins around Reid creek, the river has constant environmental flow at atm so not going to get low easily I have seen up around the next Bend I think I know what u are talking about as the alluvial diggings, I have a sluice now so might try that down there soon thanks for information much appreciated

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site