Creswick water flow

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Gday all :)
Im going to slaty creek this weekend to take my nephews out for their first time prospecting :Y: :goldpan: and wanted to know if anybody could give me an update on the water flow there at the moment :perfect:
I want to run my highbanker if possible...
Thanks in advance :D

If you would like to PM the creek that your going to I will go and have a look other wise I'll just go to picnic ground No1 Creswick Creek and check the flow I believe it's at .6 at the moment.
It's raining here at Daylesford at the moment.
cheers DB

I was out at Slaty Campgrounds 1 and 2 yesterday. The water is still flowing in Slaty Creek although it has dropped 8-10 inches at least on its flow a month ago. None flowing in Mopoke Gully. Cheers, Vombat

Thanks deepblue and Vombat for your help :Y:

I am taking my sister and nephews so wont be going off the beaten track ;)
Just going to campground 1 or 2 and walking it from there.
Sounds like the highbanker will get a run :rainbow: :inlove:

Hi Madhatter,
There is good water flow at Picnic ground 1 and Picnic ground 3, water is flowing over the ford at No2 but not as good as the others.
Hope this helps the areas look good plenty of prospectors and campers out there today at all the areas.
Cheers db

Hi all.
I am new to prospecting I after abit of fun on a Sunday has anyone been to bimbi or around the area panning or taken some material that has found abit of gold there.

deepblue said:
Hi Madhatter,
There is good water flow at Picnic ground 1 and Picnic ground 3, water is flowing over the ford at No2 but not as good as the others.
Hope this helps the areas look good plenty of prospectors and campers out there today at all the areas.
Cheers db

Cheers db :perfect:
Im heading out Sunday :Y:
It sounds like it could be like bourke st there but im sure i will find a spot if the flow is as you say :rainbow:
Thanks again :beer:

Is there any other places around young or cowra anyone goes panning or is just around bathurst

Simon90 said:
Is there any other places around young or cowra anyone goes panning or is just around bathurst

G'day Simon90 welcome to PA.

Might be worth starting a new thread Simon90 this thread is for Creswick in Vic so pretty much all contributors want know the area related to your question.

Madhatter,

Hope you went ok today. Would have been a bit windy. Slaty really needs a good flood, flush and reworking of the alluvium.

I'll be heading out for a swing tomorrow.

Vombat

No but I can tomorrow if that will help, plenty of flow in sailor creek at Daylesford.
Cheers db

No problem need to go out and walk the dogs, I'll take a look but I think you may be right. There isn't much flow further down in Slaty and Sawpit flows into it.

Vombat said:
Madhatter,

Hope you went ok today. Would have been a bit windy. Slaty really needs a good flood, flush and reworking of the alluvium.

I'll be heading out for a swing tomorrow.

Vombat

Hey vombat :Y:
The day went well, got some colour :goldpan: so my nephews were stoked!!
Overall...
Beautiful day, lots of campers and the flow was low but i found a nice deep lowpoint that kept the highbanker running perfect all day :Y: :power:

Hope you got out for a swing and found a nice :goldnugget: :)