Steel Phase Amplifier

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Condor22

Thanks for your diagram and info. I'm sure most will find it very informative and helpful.

Just to add - when wiring a plug to trigger the amp in a GPX battery, connect the speaker wires to the ring and tip only on a stereo plug. The ground on the plug is left disconnected.

It is not recommended to connect the output of the sP01 to the input of a TX module in a wireless system. Unfortunately the processing circuitry in the TX module tends to negate most of the enhancement features of the sP01. It is recommended that the sP01 is the final link in the chain before the headphones/speakers.

steelPHASE said:
Just to add - when wiring a plug to trigger the amp in a GPX battery, connect the speaker wires to the ring and tip only on a stereo plug. The ground on the plug is left disconnected.

i always wondered why i couldn't trigger the amp :8

now i know :Y: thanx Pat :party: :party:

never thought to wire the plug unconventionally :8

Pat, From the perspective of a GPX battery/audio connection.

A stereo plug wired as you mentioned (speaker wires to left and right channel, no shield connection) WILL trigger the GPX Amp?

A stereo plug wired as a normal audio connection using left and right channels and the shield i.e. headphones, will NOT trigger the Amp?

and

A Mono plug using the shield and tip i.e. a booster patch lead, will NOT trigger the Amp?

condor22 said:
Pat, From the perspective of a GPX battery/audio connection.

A stereo plug wired as you mentioned (speaker wires to left and right channel, no shield connection) WILL trigger the GPX Amp?

A stereo plug wired as a normal audio connection using left and right channels and the shield i.e. headphones, will NOT trigger the Amp?

and

A Mono plug using the shield and tip i.e. a booster patch lead, will NOT trigger the Amp?

Yep thats right. Here's a section from GPX manual.

1538424192_gpx_trigger.jpg

This is my first attempt with the SP01 on the zed, before I continue... I am impressed.

For me the main aim of using the SP01 is to lift the faint signals and improve results, weather that is a tiny nugget I may have missed or a larger one at depth. My recent trip to outback SA I believe the SP01 has done just that.

I am a relative newbie to detecting and a complete novice to the GPZ so to come away with several peices in the 0.05g and under range has blown me away.
I also feel the detector ran smoother as I had the volume turned right down on the ZED ? But this may have just been a placebo...

1540865880_20181018_084345-1666x2222.jpg

1540865912_20181030_124411.jpg
1540865948_20181030_124226.jpg

For those interested my settings, after starting on some suggested by Nenad and testing in the field I ran the following.
High Yeild / Difficult
Volume 5
Threshold level 25
Threshold pitch 53
Volume limit 7
All smoothing was OFF
Ground balance Semi Auto
Sensitivity was between 15 - 20
The SP01, Mode 2, Filter 2, volume between 1/2 to 3/4
:Y: :Y: :Y: :goldnugget: :goldnugget: :goldnugget:

In last few months I've been slowly but shorle been changing twicking the zed after attached sphase enhancer I've found now the z picking up about 1/2 way of the size of 2300 ( shape and size make difference) can find , but try leave the z bit noisee but then quiet enough to hear faint signals now that the hard bit ground changes ,time of day heat etc,one question, how do u find the z in wet ground but?? Ive found some of my deepest and biggest saturated ground ?. Just got new headphones of ph tec so here we go again, LOVE THIS HOBBY Just move back SA to other house so im keen to give junipter creek a go for some small yellow

Sorry flatlander I have never used the zed in wet ground so can't comment.
What's your settings with the SP01 to compare to mine?

thres hold 25
Target vol 8
Smothing low
Pitch 53 ?....
Difficult
Since i come back from wa I've been running in auto
Sensitivity 9-12 try keep this as high as i can but.....heat and type of ground
Spo1 mode2 stereo, filter 1 i just find filter1 clearer for me 1/2 way round for vol
I prospect in the worst iron stone country in vic for the reason other peoples machines find it too noisee so they tend to stay away from it i check my ferite balance a fair bit, to keep machine balanced or just to check it, prob over kill but then a peace of mine

Sorry to revive an old thread guys. Looking to purchase an SP01 for my GPX 4500 running a 15 Evo.

I seen Steel Pats comments regards the SP being the last link before the audio output. Im using the wireless PRO-SONIC supplied with the 45 as I love the wireless freedom.

My question is, am I able to run from my batt which is mounted on my 45 to the SP01 which I will have mounted next to the batt then to the PRO-SONIC tx? The only thing I carry on my body is the Pro-sonic RX.

Will the effect of the SP01 be carried through the wireless transmission no problem?

Would love your feedback Pat, also a sparkie here, and I cant see how the modified sound produced by the SP wouldnt be transmitted correctly by the TX.

Thanks guys! Keen as to get one!

Unfortunately the way the sound is processed by the pro-sonic does tend to reduce the effect of the enhancer. I wouldn't recommend connecting it before the transmitter.

I have a few customers using it connected to the receiver with great success though.

I've just trying enhancer on my 2300 with wireless set up im still trialing it but I've found it bit stratch,e so i went backto hard wired but I'm going to play again but im leaning towards hard wired but check connections

I did the same with my 2300 and found it to be a pain went back to the hard wired setup, the results are chalk and cheese. The Pro sonic is poor in performance and doesn't help. Can't fault the SP01 it's fantastic in preformance, would like to try out another wireless setup with it.

Ok Ive had a play and i really want to stay untethered to my 45. I will give it a run tomorrow with the SP01 connected to the headphone jack of the PRO-SONIC RX. Hopefully the mode 2 stereo works as it should and it sounds good!

Will keep you guys updated.

Distant Gunfire said:
Ok Ive had a play and i really want to stay untethered to my 45. I will give it a run tomorrow with the SP01 connected to the headphone jack of the PRO-SONIC RX. Hopefully the mode 2 stereo works as it should and it sounds good!

Will keep you guys updated.

Just wondering how did you go with the sPo1 and the Pro-Sonic , do you just plug the receiver into the sPo1 ???

Cheers

Ok so Ive had great success now with the prosonic and SP01. I have the receiver on my backpack and my SP01 plugged into that. I then have twin GME speakers, one on each shoulder. This setup is really 3 amps! The built in amp on the GPX, the Amp in the Prosonic and the amp-filters on the SP01.

Sound is clear, very loud if I need it to be and Im loving the setup! Has found gold and turns those whispering targets into boomers.

Target volume set at 12, PS full, SP01 at half way and filter one and its loud enough for all conditions. Crank the volume over half way and you can rattle the gold out of the ground!!!

Nenad I purchased a SP01 off you a couple of months back, I was wondering if the pouches are still available. Preferably in camo

Latest posts