You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

Goldpick
20 September 2018 03:12 pm

Yet another update to sort out some bugs and improve connectivity. Is also meant to address EMI response on the x35 coils, though not sure how that will happen if the X35 coils are ignored during the update. The update is labelled as V5.2 B03 which indicates that it is a beta version, though still safe to use.

http://www.xpmetaldetectors.com/metal-d … us-update/

Prospecting gear: Used - Whites GM3, GM2, GMT, ML XT17000, ML X-Terra 305, Garrett Gold Stinger, Tesoro Vaquero, Nokta RS pinpointer, Minelab Explorer SE Pro/Etrac, Ace 250
Current - XP Deus, Makro Racer 2, Fisher F75, Tesoro Tejon, Teknetics G2, Whites SPP, Garrett Infinium, Minelab Go-Find 60, XP MI-6, Minelab Profind, Whites Bullseye TRX, Deteknix X-pointer, Garrett AT Pointer

Whisp
20 September 2018 10:58 pm

If they going to bring out an update every five minutes then I would like to see a way of saving my user defined programs to the computer for easy re-installation once the update id finished.

In fact I would like to be able to do the programming on the computer with a real keyboard and then download that to the Deus. How about it XP.

NB: This post is a natural product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and are in no way to be considered flaws or defects.

1 user likes this post: Hesit8or

clegy
21 September 2018 06:26 am

Whisp wrote:

If they going to bring out an update every five minutes then I would like to see a way of saving my user defined programs to the computer for easy re-installation once the update id finished.

In fact I would like to be able to do the programming on the computer with a real keyboard and then download that to the Deus. How about it XP.

Think you'll find that a certain company has patented the ability for one detector to save a program on a Computer and then that program be sent to another detector. Each time someone looks like launching something similar this company take them to court.

EMI Fix, Most modern detectors are controlled now by software more than anything else, so being able to change and upgrade filtering is very easy and quite fast. I find it amazing that they can get new features into the machine without changing the hardware much at all. Just change the software that runs it and you can get a very different result from the same equipment.

Happy Hunting

Clegy

https://detectorist.com.au 3 Years On still and still growing. XP Deus, Tyger Stainless Digging tools, C-Scope Detectors.
IN Stock Now XP Mi-4 and Mi-6, Land or Sea Pin Pointers and Catch all finds bags from Grey Ghost!

Whisp
21 September 2018 10:33 am

Cheers Clegy, I don't want to send it to another computer, I just want to be able to read the data from mine and then after the update be able to send it back to mine to save all that tedious button pushing. thumbsup

For a company to claim that they own that ability to send and store data is like me not be able to read and write from my own iPod

NB: This post is a natural product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and are in no way to be considered flaws or defects.

Hesit8or
30 September 2018 04:14 pm

clegy wrote:
Whisp wrote:

Think you'll find that a certain company has patented the ability for one detector to save a program on a Computer and then that program be sent to another detector. Each time someone looks like launching something similar this company take them to court.

EMI Fix, Most modern detectors are controlled now by software more than anything else, so being able to change and upgrade filtering is very easy and quite fast. I find it amazing that they can get new features into the machine without changing the hardware much at all. Just change the software that runs it and you can get a very different result from the same equipment.

Happy Hunting

Clegy

They could make a Program that would keep an encrypted copy on the computer and have the backup locked to the serial Number/MAC Address of the Remote/coil/Headphones ?

Minelab Gofind 20, Minelab Golden Hawk, Minelab Eureca Gold with 15" Coiltec Goldseeker, XP Deus HF Elliptical coil, RCWS4, WS5.

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site