Minelab GPX series relic hunting

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I really want to make use of my GPX4500 in finding coins and relics as well as searching for gold. I reckon used in tandem with the Nokta Fors Gold it has the potential to give me some of those deeper items that the Fors will miss.
As a start here is the video I mentioned in another thread on one way of going about it. Maybe not the method I'll employ but it gives an idea.
[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzApjiEiG38[/video]

Hi everyone,

What coil would be best suited for relic hunting? Either of the 2 standard Minelad coils, or my 17x13 evo or 8x6 Sadie coil? Kids are keen to find some old coins in the bush and on the beach. I understand the 4500 isnt waterproof. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Brad :pickshovel:

I would use the DD and set some iron reject. Just test on a few different items, coins / steel ect.
Probably dont need the sensitivity of the NF coils as you will end up digging plenty of tiny junk.
May even need to dumb the settings down a little for coins / relics.
Hope someone else can help, i tried with my 4500 but ended up buying a coin machine for fun